For reasons of security or privacy, you may want to completely disable the microphone of your PC. Or do you just want to cut the whistle for some applications? In both cases, here's how to do it.
You suspect that your computer Are you spying linsu of your full gr? If Microsoft has been suffering from numerous complaints this subject the release of Windows 10The Redmond company is now trying to cross the nails. the installation, the operating system asks you what access rights you grant it and it is of course possible to give none. But we are not sheltered from a small cart or a bug from the system. And that's without counting a malicious program who would have settled on your machine and who would spy on you with impunity. unless the software in question was born deliberately installed by someone around you who would like to know more about your business?
Whatever the reason you want to maintain a certain level of confidentiality on your PC, you can start with disable the microphone. This is already a good way to preserve your privacy. Proceed as follows.
See also: Windows 10, how to update drivers
Disable the microphone in Windows 10 using the Paramtres module
- Click on the menu Dmarrer and go to licne settings, symbolized by a rim wheel.
- Then select the function confidentiality. In the left column, you should see an option called Microphone. Slectionnez it.
- If you want to permanently cut the access to the microphone of your PC, click on the button Edit. In the small window that is displayed, set the microphone access to Dsactiv. That's it: the microphone is completely out of order.
- Rather than completely disable the microphone of your PC, it can also be wise to apply it by application. To do this, stay in the module settings > confidentiality > Microphone. A list of applications from the Microsoft Store is available. You will find Cortana, the Camra application, Skype, Xbox Game Bar, etc. You can enable or disable one.
- Always in the same window, but a little lower this time. You should find a list of desktop applications that may use the microphone. If you have no choice, you will need to either disable all applications or leave them all active.
Remove the microphone from the list of computer components
Another method is to completely install the microphone. To do this, proceed as follows:
- using the right button, click on the menu Dmarrer. Select the function Computer management.
- Then go to Device Manager in the left column. In the central part of the window, deploy the function Audio Inputs and Outputs. You should pick up your microphone there. Select it using the right button and choose the function Disable the device.
Finally, do not hesitate to throw our other tutorial if you wish in the crowd to activate the webcam under Windows 10.