WhileiOS 7 is available since September 18, the team behind Whited00r 6 (read: Whited00r 6: Install iOS 6 on iPhone 3G) returns with a new version of its firmware. Entitled Whited00r 7, it allows users of iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G and iPod Touch 2G to install an equivalent ofiOS 7 on their devices. For the moment, Whited00r 7 is unfortunately incompatible with the iPod Touch 4G and the iPhone 3GS
You know, when iOS 7 was released, Apple has seen fit to prevent the installation of its mobile operating system on some of its old devices that are too old. If you have one of these iDevices and want to install this new OS, follow the tutorial below.
Although Whited00r 7 is not exactly the same as iOS 7, it brings many features found on the firmware such as push notifications on the Lockscreen with notification banners, multitasking, the new iOS7 style camera application and the excellent control center. Also know that Cydia is present.
Tutorial: Install iOS 7 on your iPhone 2G / 3G and iPod Touch 1G / 2G:
Note : You must have a version lower than iTunes 11.1 for it to work.
- Download Whited00r 7 for your iPhone or iPod Touch and your operating system.
- Back up content from your device to iTunes.
- Connect your iDevice to your computer via USB and wait for iTunes to launch.
- Click on the button Restore while remaining pressed on the Shift key if you are on Windows or Alt on Mac. Select the previously downloaded firmware.
- Wait for the restoration time.
- It’s over ! You now benefit fromiOS 7 on your iDevice! 😉
Of course, your iPhone or iPod Touch may experience some slowdowns after installing Whitedoor 7. To go back, simply restore your device using iTunes.