WhatsApp no longer works on Windows Phone, it is now official. The instant messaging service announced it a few weeks ago in a press release. However, there is a way for Windows Phone users to continue using WhatsApp. We explain how.
WhatsApp officially announced it in November 2019 and unfortunately we have reached the deadline. WhatsApp no longer works on Windows Phone this Tuesday, December 31, 2019. Facebook and WhatsApp had made this decision shortly after the end of Windows 10 Mobile support.
As we will no longer actively develop for these platforms, some features may stop working at any time. Although WhatsApp may continue to work on some, it is likely that you will encounter bugs as time goes by,WhatsApp said in a post published in May 2019.
read also: WhatsApp will no longer work on these smartphones from 2020
How to continue using WhatsApp on Windows Phone
Despite everything, it is still possible for Windows Phone owners to use WhatsApp on their mobiles. To do this, you simply have to go through the web version of the instant messaging service. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Open your web browser and go to the tabComputer version. In Google Chrome for example, you must click on the three dots at the top right to access this tab. The procedure may vary depending on the browser
- Go to the WhatsApp website
- You will need to scan the QR code displayed on the screen at this time to use the WhatsApp web version. You can imagine that it is impossible to scan a QR Code which is displayed on the screen of your smartphone. So quickly switch to another device (your PC, tablet or other) and scan the QR Code from this support
- You just have to use the web version of WhatsApp
Furthermore, if you ever took advantage of the holidays to leave your Windows Phone and switch to a smartphone running Android or iOS, it is possible to save and export all your conversations:
- Open the conversation of your choice
- Click on discussions
- Then go to the tab options
- Then Export discussion
Note that it is possible via the settings to archive all discussions at once, if the case by case annoys you. In addition, the title of the tabs may change depending on the versions of the application.
Source: Windows Central