WhatsApp, the world's most popular mobile instant messaging service, can also be used on PC. Experience has shown that everything is not going well here, some users are having problems. We therefore present the solutions to the most important problems.
What do I need for WhatsApp Web?
- First, you need a compatible browser. It can therefore be Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera or Safari.
- You can also download the PC or Mac application for WhatsApp Web.
- The smartphone and the computer must be connected to the Internet. A WLAN connection is recommended for smartphones.
WhatsApp Web Configuration
To use WhatsApp Web, you need to synchronize your smartphone and your computer as follows:
- Go to website.whatsapp.com with the Chrome browser.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Open the menu via the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Press on WhatsApp Web
- Use your smartphone to scan the QR code displayed on the website.
To use WhatsApp in another browser or on another PC, return to the WhatsApp Web menu and press the plus icon in the upper right corner. If you want to sign out again, tap the appropriate device in the WhatsApp web menu and tap Dconnexion.
No QR code displayed on WhatsApp Web
If you launch WhatsApp Web on your computer but you do not get the display of a QR code or that the display of the code loads endlessly, it may be that one of the addons of your browser is problematic. The easiest way to get fixed is to open an incognito tab or a private browser window and launch WhatsApp Web. If this works, check which extension might be responsible for the problems.
Antivirus programs are often involved, for example by preventing the execution of the script which is executed to call the QR code. Temporarily deactivate the program and check if WhatsApp Web then works without problems. If so, activate protection again and check the program settings where you can allow WhatsApp to run the script.
WhatsApp Web QR Code cannot be read
Sometimes WhatsApp Web can display the QR code, but it cannot be read by the smartphone. This is often due to the fact that it is displayed too small and that the phone camera has problems reading it. But it's easy to fix:
Zoom in on the page by pressing the Ctrl key and l'' more of keyboard, then scroll down a bit so that the code fills most of the screen. You can also hold down the Ctrl key and zoom in on the page using the mouse wheel.
I cannot send or receive messages with WhatsApp Web
With WhatsApp Web, both your smartphone and your PC need an Internet connection, so the problem can arise on both sides.
Check the Smartphone connection
Since WhatsApp Web controls WhatsApp on your smartphone by remote control, we can sum it up by saying that if you can't do it on your smartphone, you can't do it on your PC either. The most common error message on WhatsApp Web is that the phone is disconnected. If your smartphone is indeed connected to the network, here is the procedure.
- Open WhatApp on the smartphone
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version
- Turn off and on your current Internet connection
- Allow the data to run in the background if this is not already the case
- Restart the smartphone
Check computer connection
If only the connection on the PC causes you difficulties, but works without problems on the WhatsApp smartphone, then the problem is probably on the side of the PC. Proceed as follows:
- Check if you are still connected to the Internet
- Update page with Ctrl + R respectively CMD + R or Ctrl + F5
- Restart the session by clicking on Log out from the three-point menu and reconnect.
I don't receive notifications on my desktop
You can be informed when messages arrive but you have to make him understand WhatsApp. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Activate the notifications during your first connection by clicking on the link at the top
- The browser will then ask for authorization, you will need to confirm
- You will now be notified on your PC, even if your browser is running in the background.
Notifications arrive first on WhatsApp Web and then on the smartphone. If you open the message in your browser, the phone remains silent and the message is considered read.
Disable WhatsApp web notifications
If you want to modify the notifications, open the WhatsApp Web menu (three items) and click on Notifications. Here you can decide if a sound should be played for incoming messages or if the desktop notifications should be disabled again. On the other hand, you can turn off all clues for a period of an hour, a day or a week.
I can't send photos, videos or anything else on WhatsApp Web
Assuming that your two devices (smartphone and PC) are well connected to the Internet, the problem may well come from the file size. WhatsApp sets a limit of 16 MB for sending files. If you do not know how to send a file, here is the procedure:
- Click on the paper clip in the upper right corner.
- Choose if you want to send a photo, video, image, document or contact.
- Select the corresponding file
- Add a legend if desired and click on the white arrow to send it.
Alternatively, you can simply drag the files (also in groups) to the window and to the person in the contact list who they should be sent to.
I cannot download images from WhatsApp Web to the PC
Downloading images, videos and other files to your own PC is not that complicated. Hover over the image and open the menu using the small white arrow in the upper right corner of the image. Just tap on Tlcharger. You can also click on the image to enlarge it, then click on the download icon in the upper right corner.
I don't know how to use WhatsApp on tablet
Yes, WhatsApp can be used on tablets. However, there are the same restrictions as with WhatsApp Web on PC. So you still need your smartphone. You can find the instructions here:
Still have questions about WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp in general? Then take a look at our forum or our article on WhatsApp problems and solutions.
. (tagsToTranslate) whatsapp (t) whatsapp web (t) problems (t) solutions (t) phone not connected (t) malfunction (t) connection (t) send photos (t) photo transfer (t) faq