For the protection of users' privacy, messaging platforms rarely notify you when one of your contacts has blocked you. However, it is natural to want to understand why one of them is no longer on your friends list or you can no longer communicate with it.
Take the case of WhatsApp, one of the most downloaded services both on Android quiOS, among its multiple features it has blocking. A simple touch is enough to prevent a contact from writing to you or having access to your number.
In case you are the person whose number is blocked, your conversations always appear in the tab Discussions. You also have the option of starting a new exchange, provided you have the contact's phone number in your directory. However, the contact who blocked you will not receive any notification.
Without recognizing the 7 signals present in the rest of this tutorial, it is almost impossible to know if you have been blocked.
How do you know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp?
To find out if you have been erased from the digital life of one of your "relatives", we have sent together 7 warning signals:
- Your contact ignores all of your messages and has, in all likelihood, stopped all communication.
- Your messages are displayed as sent, but have not been delivered or read.
- You cannot invite him to a private discussion.
- You no longer see his profile photo appear.
- Its WhatsApp status is empty. Note that when a WhatsApp status is not up to date, the message displayed is Hello ! I use WhatsApp.
- You no longer have access to the "Seen" or "Online" indications at the top of your WhatsApp conversation.
- Your calls are left unanswered.
How to contact someone who has blocked you on WhatsApp?
Unfortunately, if one of your friends has taken the step to block you, it is their choice and there is nothing you can do. Nothing obliges him to renew contact, especially if he believes he has a valid reason. Even in the case of an emergency, there is no way to get around the block on WhatsApp.
However, there are other channels for communicating. If you still have their phone number, email address or social media, then you can also try these approaches. Be careful however not to fall into harassment, this could harm you.
Recommended article: How do you know if someone has blocked your phone number?