Since the transition to watchOS 5 in 2018, in addition to being able to receive calls and iMessages, your Apple Watch offers you an even more fun way to communicate. Indeed, the Walkie Talkie audio chat application allows you to chat directly with your friends via your connected watch, without going through your iPhone.
In this tutorial, we explain how to contact your loved ones with Walkie-talkie.
Recommended article: how to identify your Apple Watch model
Walkie-talkie, a fun application
As specified above, Walkie-Talkie is a native application of the Apple Watch, it was launched during the update to watchOS 5.
It is designed to be used as a walkie-talkie, via your watch, speak in real time to another person with a simple movement of the wrist.
Add contacts on Walkie Talkie
To change via the Walkie-Talkie app, you must have an Apple Watch Series 1 or a later model operating at least with watchOS 5.3.
Also make sure the FaceTime app on your iPhone is set up correctly.
present, you can add your friends on Walkie-talkie, for that:
- Open the Walkie Talkie app on your Apple Watch.
- Press on Add friends +.
- Select the person of your choice.
Start a conversation with Walkie-talkie
After setting up Walkie Talkie and extending your contact list, you are ready to communicate.
Walkie-talkie has an incredibly simple interface, the only thing that displays is a yellow circle called TALK, through which to speak.
- Open the app Talkie Walkie.
- Tap the name of one of your contacts. The first time you contact your friend by walkie-talkie, they will have to allow the conversation.
- Hold down Speak and wait for the message connection appears in green.
- Once connected, keep pressing and start talking.
- Release to send the message.
Your friend will receive an alert each time you contact them.
If you want to mute the sound of the application, tap the sound icon at the top right of the screen.
Walkie-talkie does not work
The first thing to do when you have problems with Walkie Talkie is to update iOS on your iPhone, and watchOS on your Apple Watch.
Then, if you can't make calls, then make sure you're signed in with your FaceTime account on your iPhone.
- On your iOS, go to Rglages.
- See you in FaceTime.
- Under option You can be contacted via FaceTime at the following coordinates, verify that your information is correct.
- Finally, restart your Apple Watch and send your friend an invitation again.
- Restart your iPhone
. (tagsToTranslate) apple watch (t) ios (t) watchos (t) walkie talkie (t) application (t) smartphone (t) connected watch (t) tutorial (t) gadgets (t) table-of-contents