Have you just returned from vacation and need some good news to face this difficult week of recovery? We have one for you! In a tweet shared yesterday, hacker Pwn20wnd announced the iOS 12.4 jailbreak for most iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (those with an A7 to A11 chip).
This was made possible thanks to the tool Unc0ver 3.5.0 which, at the time of writing, has just received its first update (3.5.1) correcting inter alia problems of untimely reboots after the jailbreak and increasing the success rate of it . For the curious, the exploits Sock Port and Sock Puppet were used by Pwn20wnd.
This iOS 12.4 jailbreak is excellent news since it is very rare to be able to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch under the latest version of the operating system. No downgrade is therefore to be considered!
As previously explained, all devices with an A7 to A11 processor are compatible with Unc0ver’s iOS 12.4 jailbreak. Unfortunately, the following iDevices are therefore excluded (with an A12 / A12X chip): iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5 and iPad Air of 2019, 12.9-inch iPad Pro 3rd generation and iPad Pro 11 inches.
Tutorial: How to jailbreak iOS 12.4 with Unc0ver?
First of all, be aware that there are two ways to jailbreak iOS 12.4 from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The first, the simplest, does not require a computer nearby!
Uncover: iOS 12.4 jailbreak without a computer
- Launch Safari from your iOS device then press this link: ignition.fun
- Then press the red “Use Now (Web)” button. If an advertisement is displayed (announcing that you have won a prize, for example), close it by pressing the white arrow at the top left of your screen.
- Then press “One-Click Jailbreak” and install the unc0ver app as required. To be able to open it once downloaded, go to Settings> General> Profile and device management, choose the profile then “Trust”.
- All you have to do is launch the uncover application that appeared on your home screen, then press the blue “Jailbreak” button and wait. Once your device has restarted, you should be able to launch Cydia on your springboard! You are jailbroken under iOS 12.4!
Unc0ver iOS 12.4 Jailbreak from Mac or PC
- Download the latest version of Cydia Impactor to your computer using the following links: macOS, Windows, Linux (32 bit), Linux (64 bit)
- Download the most up-to-date IPA file (as of 08/19, it is Undecimus-v3.5.1.ipa) by going to Github pwn20wndstuff at this address.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer, then launch Cydia Impactor and drag the IPA file downloaded in the previous step onto the software window.
- Enter your Apple ID and password (no risk for your personal data, they will be sent to the servers of the Cupertino company to generate a certificate allowing jailbreak).
- Once the Undecimus IPA is installed, go to Settings> General> Profile management, on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, press your email address then “Trust”
- All you have to do is launch the uncover application that appeared on your springboard, then press the blue “Jailbreak” button and wait. Once your device has restarted, you should be able to launch Cydia on your home screen! Here you are with the jailbreak under iOS 12.4!