1. Once your device has the baseband 06.15, there is no solution to go back or downgrade the baseband. If Apple realizes this during a service change for example, you will lose your warranty.
2. You will no longer be able to upgrade your baseband in future versions of the iPhone 05.xx.xx sequence.
3. Once you are in 4.2.1 with baseband 06.15, you will no longer be able to restore the original Apple firmware, this will cause an error. You will still need to restore with your custom firmware.
The Dev-Team yesterday released an unlock version of PwnageTool and promised a version for Windows users.
RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 is now available and will allow you to unlock your iPhone 3G / 3GS with a baseband of the iPad 06.15.
Tutorial – Part I
Download RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 (MAC / Windows) and the iOS 4.2.1 firmware corresponding to your device.
Update your device to the original 4.2.1 firmware using iTunes 10.1.
Launch RedSn0w, click on Browse and specify the iOS 4.2.1 firmware in IPSW format.
Check the boxes:
- Install Cydia
- Install iPad Baseband
- Connect your device by USB and turn it off.
- Click on Next
- Press the POWER button for 3 seconds
- Press HOME + POWER for 10 seconds
- Release only POWER and hold down the HOME button
Reboot tethered using RedSn0w. Now let’s move on to the second part of the tutorial.
Tutorial – Part II
Launch Cydia and add the following repository:
http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ (attention, ultrasn0w is written with a ZERO, not an “O” (the letter))
Normally, going to the source, you should find the Ultrasn0w package:
Just install the package and restart your iPhone.
Normally, you should be able to insert any SIM card without any restrictions 😉
Thank you to the numerous push notifications!
the iPhone3GSystem team