The OnePlus One runs under CyanogenMod 11S, a non-roote version of the famous custom ROM. The reason is that to be able to benefit from Googe Mobile Service (GMS) certification, you need to secure root rights. In fact, if the OnePlus One is compatible with Google Play, Maps, Gmail and others, it is at the cost of a lack of pre-root. Rest assured, it's easy: Here's how to root OnePlus One.
Save your data! The following procedure may result in the erasure of the entire user data. In addition, root has risks. If you do not follow the procedure correctly, you can make your smartphone unusable. Neither AndroidPIT nor I can be held responsible for anything.
FYI, OnePlus indicates that the root does not cancel the guarantee of the One, but if we destroy components, overclocking for example, then a no longer holds.
I) Unlock the OnePlus One bootloader
1. Open the folder where ADB and Fastboot are located on your computer. In an empty area, right click and choose Open the command prompt.
2. Plug in your OnePlus One computer and enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
3. Once your One is restarted, enter the following command:
If the command prompt returns a sequence of characters corresponding to the serial number of your OnePlus. Otherwise, your smartphone is not recognized properly => drivers.
4. Then enter the bootloader unlock command as follows:
fastboot oem unlock
5. You will have to confirm, do it.
6. Restart by entering the command:
II) Install a custom recovery (TWRP) on the OnePlus One
To take advantage of the root, we will flash a custom recovery and then the SuperSU application.
1. Download the TWRP image file and copy it always to the folder containing ADB and Fastboot.
2. Open the command prompt as in I) 1. and enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
3. Once your OnePlus One in fastboot mode, then enter the command to install the custom recovery:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-bacon.img
4. Once the procedure is finished, always restart with the command:
Root of OnePlus One: install SuperSU
1. Download the .zip app: SuperSUv1.99 and copy it to your OnePlus One.
2. Restart in recovery mode: low volume + power.
3. Once done, go to install, then get the file SuperSU downloaded higher.
4. Restart and finally, go to the SuperSu application and uncheck the box Respect CM's root policy.
. (transToTranslate tags) root oneplus one (t) rooter oneplus one (t) oneplus one (t) root (t) root android (t) how to root oneplus one