As you probably already know, Windows users cannot jailbreak their device using custom firmware (via PwnageTool), because the tool is only available on Mac OS X. In addition, during recovery attempts, thanks to Custom FW pre-jailbreak available on the internet, an error is systematically displayed (16xx).
To remedy this, iPhone3GSystem therefore offers a tutorial intended to remove these errors.
As a reminder, unlike Limera1n or Greenpois0n, flashing your device using a custom FW will allow you not to update your baseband (in order to keep your unlock code), customize the bootlogo, install sources directly / cydia packages, etc…
1. Create a folder on your desktop, and name it, for example, Pwnage.
2. Download RedSn0w 0.9.6b2 (link) and put it in the Pwnage folder. You will also need to download the firmware 4.1 for your device HERE.
Extract the archive (redsn0w_win_0.9.6b2).
3. Launch Redsnow.exe present in the unzipped file.
4. Once the program has run, click Browse.
5. Select the previously downloaded firmware normally present in Pwnage.
6. Then click on Next, and wait a few seconds for Redsnow to prepare the necessary files.
7. A new window will then open with several options, you will only have to check the third, namely: “just enter pwned DFU mode right now”
8. Connect your iPhone to your computer and turn it off (iPhone huh: p), then Next.
9. Now put your iPhone in DFU mode, Redsnow also tells you how to do it. If you can’t do it, here’s a video telling you the steps to take.
10. Once your device in Dfu mode, Redsnow will take care of exploiting the Geohot flaw in order to jailbreak the iPhone.
11. Once the process is complete, the iPhone will be pwned in DFU mode and you can then restore it with a custom FW without having errors, customs available HERE
12. Finally, after downloading the custom FW corresponding to your iBidule 😉 and closing Redsnow, open iTunes, go to the page dedicated to your device, and click on restore while holding down the Shift key.
13. A window will then open and you will have to choose the custom FW (be careful to choose the custom and not the original!), Let iTunes restore, and normally you will have no more errors and your iDevice should let appear Cydia.
The iPhone3GSystem team