The Dev-Team has just released a new version of Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for Windows, which will allow users of iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G to jailbreak your 4.1. This new version, 0.9.6b1 has been available for Mac OSX for 2 weeks now, but the Windows version had not been published because according to MuscleNerd it was not quite stable.
Be careful, the Dev team still recommend users who need to unlock their iPhone with Ultrasn0w not to NOT use Redsn0w and to favor Sn0wbreeze v.2.0.2 which will allow you to keep the baseband and thus, to be able to reuse UltraSnow in 4.1 😉
Currently, to be able to use this first beta version, you must have:
- IPhone 3G or iPod touch 2G (only these 2 models)
- Mac OS X or Windows
- Firmware 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 or 4.1
/! Neither the editor nor iPhone3GSystem, and even less the Dev-team are responsible for the damage that this tutorial could cause /!
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 [ Windows ]Once the download is complete, run the program.
Open the firmware 4.0 or 4.1 (in .ipsw) corresponding to the version of your device by clicking on the button [Browse]
Select ” install Cydia “.
- Verbose boot : display the code lines when the device starts
- Custom Boot Logo : Change iPhone Boot Image
- Custom Recovery Logo : change the image of iPhone recovery mode
- Enable MultiTasking : Activate Multitasking
- Enable HomeScreen Wallpaper : activate the wallpaper on the SpringBoard
- Enable battery percentage : activate the battery percentage option
Then click on “Next”, put the iPhone in DFU & Enjoy mode 😉
Nota Bene : If you have a second generation iPod Touch model ” MC “, This jailbreak will be tethered, that is to say that you will have to restart RedSn0w from the PC each time you restart. In this case, at least for now, the best solution is to downgrade the firmware 4.1 to 4.0 and use JailbreakMe.com
The iPhone3GSystem team