As you know, iH8Sn0w has just released version 2.1 of sn0wbreeze.
Here is the tutorial to use it 😉
- Sn0wBreeze 2.1 (official site)
- An iPod Touch 2G / 3G / 4G or an iPhone 3G / 3GS / 4 or an Apple TV 2G in 4.1 or an iPad in 3.2.2
- The firmware corresponding to your device (to download here)
Click on the blue arrow at the bottom right to access the next window.
Also here, click on the blue arrow.
Select the previously downloaded firmware here
Then click on the blue arrow to access the next menu.
You will then be asked to choose between simple mode or expert mode.
Expert mode allows you to customize your device (preinstall packages, sources, preserve the baseband, etc.).
We advise you to choose the expert mode.
You should find yourself on this menu
Here begins the personalization of your device.
Double click on [Général].
Here several options:
- Springboard modifications: To activate the wallpaper on the SpringBoard, the percentage of battery or multitasking on the following devices: iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G
- Hactivation / Other Modifications: To activate the iPhone if you do not have the operator’s SIM card and install the SSH.
- For example, if you are at SFR and your iPhone comes from Orange, you will not be able to switch on your phone because iTunes will ask you for an Orange SIM card. Disabling the iPhone allows you to bypass the protection (you can then unlock with ultraSn0w)
- On the other hand, if you are with SFR and you have an SFR SIM, uncheck the box
You can also change the size of the root partition, which is dedicated to Cydia applications.
Note. Sn0wBreeze keeps the iPhone baseband, so that it can be unlocked later with ultrasn0w
Small window warning you that Sn0wbreeze does not unlock, but that you can use ultrasn0w from the dev-team
Then begins the pre-installation of Cydia packages / sources.
There are 3 tabs at the top of the window. Click on the one named [Manage Sources].
Here you can add a source which will be pre-installed in your iPhone:
(Then click on “Add” on the right)
Once the source has been added, go to the tab [Download Packages].
Here you can download the .deb of the packages you want to pre-install on your device. You can download any package from the sources present in the tab [Manage Sources].
Note. To display the list of packages, you must select the source in the drop-down menu at the top and click on [Refresh]
Once the package is downloaded, go to the tab [Select Package] and select the packages you want to pre-install:
Once all this is done, click on the blue arrow. You should return to the main menu.
Just click on [Build IPSW] :
Thus begins the creation of custom firmware.
Once the IPSW is created, Sn0wBreeze asks you to switch to DFU mode. Of course, an animation shows you how to do it (by clicking on the button [OK] from the screenshot above)
Just follow the instructions. Once your device in DFU, restore your device with the custom firmware created by snowbreeze.
Note. Sn0wbreeze places custom firmware on the desktop
The iPhone3GSystem team