Edit. A new version of LimeRa1n is available: the RC1 beta 3, which fixes a problem with the new 3GS iBoot!
Edit 2. A new version of LimeRa1n is available: the RC1 beta 4, which fixes some problems with the LimeRa1n application
To download here
Incredible GeoHot has released the iOS 4.1 Jailbreak tool!
As expected, the young hacker posted his Jailbreak tool on www.limera1n.com
The Jailbreak is untethred and thanks to Comex and for life thanks to GeoHot.
Limera1n is currently only available on Windows but the MAC / Linux versions should not be long in coming.
Mac Users, know that limera1n does not work with a virtual machine like VMWare 😉
Jailbreak the firmware
- 3.2.2 (iPad)
- iPhone 3GS (Wait for the GeoHot patch)
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad Wi-Fi / 3G
[dl url= »http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6F88BB16″ title= »LimeRa1n » desc= »RC1 beta 4″]
The jailbreak is untethered and works perfectly on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad. For the iPhone 3GS a patch from GeoHot is under development.
- Be careful if you jailbrek with limera1n you will lose your unlocking
- IPhone 3GS new iBoot owners must wait for a new version of limera1n
Connect your iPhone and launch Limera1n
Info. If iTunes opens during operations, do not not close it.
Then click on the button [Make it ra1n]
Limera1n then searches for your device
Once the device is found it will enter recovery mode
Now enter iPhone in DFU mode
1. Push the button ROUND + IGNITION
2. Then release theIGNITION
3. If all goes well, your iPhone should enter DFU mode and limera1n should display this screen.
The Jailbreak is now over and limera1n shows you this. You must then reboot your device.
Once you have validated with the button [OK]
You now have limera1n on your Springboard, launch it
Once the installation is complete, make a final reboot and cydia is installed on your device
Here’s what it looks like on video
- Cydia and limera1n display problem / Solution => device reboot
- Loss of unlocking for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS new iBoot
- Jailbreak problem for iPhone 3GS / GeoHot is creating the patch
Congratulations to GeoHot who once again amazed us 😉
the iPhone3GSystem team