iFile, the famous file explorer for iOS also allows us to do without iTunes to transfer our music and videos, very useful when we are not at home or when we have several computers!
I will explain in detail how to achieve this:
- Install iFile from our repo: iphone3gsystem.fr/cydia (to add a source to Cydia, open Cydia and go to Manage / Source / Modify / Add)
- Install an SSH client on your computer [liens: Mac / PC] or a file explorer [liens : Mac / PC]
- Connect your computer to your iDevice. If you use an SSH client you must install OpenSSH on Cydia and you will have to enter different data on your computer
Make sure your iDevice is connected to the same Box as your computer
Server: enter your IP address which you will find in SBSettings (192.168.1.XX)
Password: alpine (if you have not changed your CDM not MobileTerminal)
- So once connected in SSH or USB, just drag your music or even your Divx into the directory of your choice (without converting them eh)
Personally I created 2 files: ” Music “And” Video ” in var / mobile
- After the transfer is complete, open iFile on your device and go to the directory you just created, click on the song or video you want to listen / view. Choose ” VLC “If it’s a video or” audio player »If it’s a musical piece (if you don’t have VLC install it via Installous)
Now you are no longer dependent on iTunes, at least for music and videos.
The iPhone3GSystem team