The Sony Xperia S is supposed to be updated … right now. We are still waiting. Fortunately, there is already a version of Jelly Bean for S, and thanks to DooMLoRD, it is pr-roote. Here's how to install it.
- This procedure although based on the official Sony Mobile version carries risks. Neither AndroidPIT nor I can be held responsible for anything.
- There is normally no loss of data, but make a backup, you never know.
- This tutorial is for Sony Xperia S LT26i EXCLUSIVELY
Have a custom recovery installed: (Tuto) Install the ClockworkMod (CWM) on the Xperia S
Charge your battery 80% minimum
For info: Tutorial: rooter the Sony Xperia S; Tutorial: unlock the bootloader of your Xperia smartphone
Jelly Bean for Xperia S, pre-root by DooMLoRD
1. Place the rom file downloaded higher on the root of your Xperia S (in no folder)2. Turn off your Xperia S and reboot into recovery mode. To do this, turn on your S and when the Sony logo appears, tap on the screen until you reach the ClockWorkMod recovery
3. Using the volume keys, select install zip from sd card and confirm with the camera shutter release
4. Then select choose zip from sdcard, and validate
5. Finally, get the rom file, either LT26-DooMLoRD-JB-200_prerooted.zip, then validate
Important!If you get "Error (Status 7)" …
… go back to the main menu using the power button and select mounts and storage, then select unmount / sdcard and unmount / system, if needed. Everything must be like in the photo:
6. Go back to the main menu and choose reboot system now
7. After a (long) moment, the system reboots
And here! Welcome to Jelly Bean for your Xperia S:
(tagsToTranslate) jelly bean xperia s (t) xperia s (t) root xperia s (t) jelly bean (t) sony (t) xperia