Installing CyanogenMod 11 on your Galaxy S4 will allow you to give it a second youth. Not that it's an old smartphone, but if you're tired of TouchWiz, then CM11 is a good solution, you will have a system Android 4.4 KitKat flawless.
There are risks involved with installing customs, and if you do not do the right thing, you may end up with an unusable phone. Save all your data beforehand. Neither AndroidPIT nor I can be held responsible for anything.
This method is reserved for Galaxy S4 i9505 (4G LTE) exclusively
A Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 root: Root of the Samsung Galaxy S4
Drivers Installed on Windows: Tutorial: Install ADB and Fastboot Android Drivers on Windows
On the next page link below, you can choose between different types of system. The term NIGHTLY corresponds to an unstable version, still in development. CyanogenMod's nightlies are traditionally quite stable, but if you use your smartphone in a professional context, for example, head for stable versions or snapshots, more serious for everyday use.
Before you start:
- Place CyanogenMod 11 (downloaded higher) on the root of your Galaxy S3 (ie in no file)
- Place Google Apps on the root of the Galaxy S4
Install CyanogenMod 10
1. Restart your S4 in recovery mode (power + volume up + home for a few seconds)
2. Move with the volume buttons to backup and restore and validate with power, validate backup
3. Once the backup is finished (you have done a NANDroid backup), go back to the main menu (Go back), restart your Galaxy S4 and save the backup copy on your PC or other external media. It is in the TWRP or CWM folder according to your custom recovery, its name is the creation date of the backup.
4. Repeat the step 1. and Fast Search Wipe then wipe data / factory resetthen yes.
5. Go back to the main menu, choose Installthen Install zip from sdcard
6. Move to the zip file of the ROM and validate with power. Confirm with yes.
7. Once the ROM flashes, do the same with the Google Apps file.
8. When finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot.
Wait for the reboot that can last a few minutes, and enjoy CM11 fully.
Problems? Forum direction: Galaxy S4
(tagsToTranslate) cyanogenmod galaxy s4 (t) install cyanogenmod galaxy s4 (t) samsung galaxy s4 (t) root galaxy s4