Edit. A new version, the RC3, is available! It should fix a lot of bugs 😉
As promised, here is a mini tutorial allowing you to jailbreak the following devices in 4.1 (or 3.2.2 for the iPad) with GreenPois0n:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3G S
- iPod touch (4th Generation)
- iPod touch (3rd Generation)
- iPad (in 3.2.2)
- A device listed among those above in firmware 4.1 or 3.2.2 for the iPad
- GreenPois0n (here)
First, launch the software:
Connect your device and turn it off. Then click on “Prepare To Jailbreak”.
We will have to go very quickly: instructions to get into DFU will be displayed, and we will have to respect them.
Here are these instructions:
The “sleep button” is actually the POWER button, located at the top of the device.
The “home” button is the button that allows you to return to the SpringBoard.
So you need:
- Hold the POWER button at the top of the device for 2 seconds
- Press and hold the HOME button without releasing the POWER button for 10 seconds
- Release the POWER button but keep the HOME button pressed for 15 seconds
- When the software reacts, release the HOME button
If all goes well, the software should react and jailbreak your device.
If iTunes opens during the manipulation, don’t worry 😉