Choose a username
When setting up Telegram, you will need to enter your phone number and add your first name. If you don't want to appear under your real name or phone number, or if you just want to be more creative and use a custom username, go to parameters and tap on Change username.
Claim a custom username in Telegram
The only problem with using a custom username is that each username is only available once. Chances are that if you choose a very common name or something like that, it will already be taken. There is one last alternative if you really want to use this special username: you can contact the support team. The prerequisite is that you have used this username on at least two other services as well.
- To contact the telegraphic support team go to settings then Help
- Slectionnez Ask a question
- A confirmation message will ask you if you wish to ask your question a volunteer. Confirm and ask your question
Custom notifications and LED colors
You can not only define custom notifications in Telegram for your contacts, but you can also define custom LED notification colors. Since we are talking about notification LEDs, you will need an Android smartphone to do this and it will need a notification LED for this to work.
Custom notifications can be set if you tap on Contact information, tap Notifications, then on Personalize. You will be offered options to modify the notifications, the vibration models, the sound, the priority and the color of the LEDs.
Disable notifications for individual contacts
Speaking of notifications, have you ever wanted to (temporarily) mute the sound of a contact on Telegram who sends too many messages?
- Just like to configure a personalized notification, select your contact then tap Info
- Go to Notifications and press disable.
Change your phone number on Telegram
Although this does not happen too often, you could end up changing your phone number somewhere on the line. Even if you are registered with your old phone number, you can easily replace your old number with a new one.
- Just go to settings and tap on your phone number.
How to block someone on Telegram
For one reason or another, you have a Telegram contact that gets on your nerves, or you can't remember why you added them in the first place. Don't stress yourself – you can easily block people on Telegram.
- Go to Contacts then press the desired contact then press the 3 dots in the upper right corner and press Block.
Customize the background of discussions
Do you want to personalize your Telegram experience? Tired of seeing the same old standard background? It's super easy to change the chat background in Telegram.
- Go to Settings> Chat Settings and choose one of the predefined images or a photo in your own gallery.
Manage media downloads in Telegram
The telegram allows you to send files up to 1.5 GB in size. Even if it's great, it can quickly fill up all the free space on your phone and absorb your data! The easiest way to control this is to configure how, when and which files you want Telegram to download. If you're on the go, you may not want Telegram to download that massive video someone sent you.
- To control your data and media settings, go to Settings> Data and storage, then press When using mobile data or When you connect on Wi-Fi. The two parameters allow you to switch between the files that you can download with the selected data parameters.
Hide "Last viewed" on Telegram
Don't feel like sharing with other people when you last used Telegram? Fortunately, you can customize the "Last viewed" settings on Telegram. You can switch between those who can see and those who cannot see your "Last viewed" and even add exceptions to your rules.
- To deactivate or customize "Last viewed" on Telegram, go to Settings> Confidentiality and security > Last view.
Read messages secretly
Ever wanted to read a message without the sender seeing that you read it? Well, here's a little trick. When you receive a message, turn on airplane mode. Open Telegram and read the message. Once you've read it, close the app and turn on your data again. The sender will never know that you have read their message.
Self-destruct timer for secret pictures and cats
Similar to Snapchat, Telegram also has a function where your cats or images destroy themselves. Telegram has decided to innovate a bit on this feature and allows you to set a self-destruct timer on your messages. This function is currently only available in secret chats, but it is easy to activate. Press the 3 buttons in the upper right corner and choose Set self-destruction timer. You will have the option between 1 second and 1 week.
There is a similar self-destruct feature for images, which does not need to be used in a secret chat. Just choose the photo you want to send from your gallery, then tap the clock icon to set the timer.
Lock your cats
One of the reasons why people love Telegram so much is because of its multiple built-in security features. One of them allows you to lock your chats so that if someone accesses your phone, they will not be able to read your chat logs.
- To define an access code, go to Settings -> Confidentiality and security -> Access code lock, then enter your 4-digit code. You can even choose to unlock cats with your fingerprint. Now that you have set a password, you can click on the padlock in the upper right corner of your chats and lock the chat.
Respond directly to messages in group discussions
If you have a lot to do in a group chat, you still have the option of responding directly to the message in the chat. he just long press on the message and select Reply.
Search your message history
Looking for that message you sent months ago? Don't you want to scroll for hours just to find it? Just use the integrated search function.
- Go to the chat where you sent the message, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and tap on Search. You can then enter the text or keyword you are looking for and Telegram will filter the messages for you.
Like Twitter, Telegram also allows you to use the hashtag (#) to create virtual sections in which all the messages relating to a subject are grouped.
- To use this function, just type # and write the topic to create a new hashtag, or select a theme existing among those that appear in the overview (just after entering the #).
All hashtags are grouped in each user's directory, so you can find them by searching the conversation history.
Using Telegram on PC
Similar WhatsApp that you can use on Telegram on your PC, Mac and Linux. Rather than a web client, Telegram is available as a PC application, which you can easily download here: https://desktop.telegram.org/
Check active sessions
Telegram supports multiple sessions, which means that you can access your cats on multiple devices at the same time. It is sometimes useful to have an overview of the devices on which you still have an active session in progress. If you go to Settings -> Confidentiality and security> Active sessions, you can see where you are currently connected. If you wish, you can log out and end certain sessions.
Animated GIFs and Stickers
I'm not talking about a simple emoji here, but real images that can be used to express the most diverse feelings, which are distinguished by the most sophisticated graphics. the stickers are a kind of drawing figures, which can be downloaded in complete packages with different themes or individually. You can even create your own bot with the @stickers robot, which will guide you through the process.
Animated GIFs can be searched and sent between telegram contacts through a directory inside the application itself, so you don't need to search Google and send a still image for play with a contact, just attach an animated GIF provided by Telegram itself.
Change theme and color
Telegram allows you to customize the application interface with one of the preconfigured themes or to use its creativity and create its own content.
- Open Telegram and touch the button in the upper left corner of the screen, then touch settings in the application menu.
- In the application settings, press "Theme", then select one of the following themes: Blue or Dark.
- If you want to create a custom theme, touch "Create a new theme", then enter a name for the theme and confirm with "OK".
- Tap the icon in the right drawing palette of "Create a new theme" and choose the element whose color you want to change.
- You just have to choose the colors for each of the items in the list and touch "Save", then select "Save theme".
This tip allows you to customize the interface with one of the preconfigured themes or use your creativity to create your own color combination.
Create custom masks
One of the main competitors of WhatsApp, Telegram is distinguished by its set of image editing tools, including masks, which personalize with pictures or ornaments the photos taken with the camera or stored in the gallery of the mobile phone, are one of the funniest features for making covers.
Check out this tutorial on how interaction with robots or automated profiling works and how to create masks in the messenger.
- Telegram has an automatic profile to help users create personalized stickers and masks. Search for "@Stickers" in the contact search and select the result indicated.
- The messenger will display a conversation with the "@Stickers" button, press "Start" to activate it and consult the list with basic commands to create your own stickers and masks.
- Then send the command "/ newmask" to create a custom masking package and complete the operation by choosing a name.
Note: Images must be in PNG format, have a resolution of 512 x 512 pixels and a maximum size of 350 KB. If the submission is accepted, the bot will send a message with four types of masks to configure the image, choose a options.
- Orient the figure according to the classification chosen previously and press "Ready" to finish, then repeat these steps to send other accessory figures to the created packaging.
- Finish creating the package by typing "/ publish" in the message box, the automatic profile will ask you for a name to define the address of the new mask group.
- The bot will respond by displaying the publication and its link to the masquerade package created, then by opening it, click on "Add masks" to download them from the image editing menu of your telegram.
- The new masks will be available for quick assembly in the messenger and can always be shared with your contacts.
Delete and / or self-destruct from your Telegram account
Tired of Telegram? The app obviously lets you easily delete your account.
- Go to Settings -> Confidentiality and security, then Delete my Account. The only caveat is that self-destruction will not happen instantly. You can choose between 1 and 6 months. If you wish to delete your Telegram account immediately, you must go to the deactivation page: https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate and enter your telephone number.
Customize and modify images
You can personalize the images you send with your friends in several different ways on Telegram. You can draw images, add stickers or text, and there is also a small image editor within the app that allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast and other aspects of the image. It’s very practical. Select an image or video to download as you normally would, then click on the edit icon to begin personalization.
Use of robots
To activate and use a bot, just enter @ and the name of the bot you want, make a space and type what you need, here are some bots that can be used: @gif (to search for GIFs ), @vid (to find videos), @imdb (to find information about movies), @bing (general search), @wiki and @bold (text formatting). There are a ton of third party robots out there, but with those you can start playing.
You can even create your own robots and configure them to do what you need. To get started, you just need help from dad, aka @botfather. This unique bot to govern them all will guide you through the steps of creating a bot and setting up its tasks. You can also manage existing robots by chatting with the botfather.
ping conversations at the top of the ladder
One of the biggest complaints about Telegram is that it's impossible to hide conversations that you don't use often. Ultimately, your reception box becomes cluttered with groups and conversations that you don't want to see. To make it a little easier to manage, you can ping the conversations at the top of the list. That way, at least you can see those you want to see, even if you still have to support those you don't want to see.
To ping a conversation, a channel or a group, long press on the chat until a menu appears, then select ping the top of the page. A maximum of 5 conversations can be displayed.
Edit sent messages
Telegram allows you to edit the messages sent in order to correct annoying spelling mistakes and other such errors. You just have to select a message sent by tapping it for a long time, then touch the pencil icon at the top of the screen. After correcting the error, the modified message will appear in the chat with a small pencil next to indicate that the content has been modified.
Share your location
Just like in WhatsApp, you can share your location with a contact via Telegra, tap the paperclip icon in a chat, and then select Position, then send your current location or share your location between 15 minutes and 8 hours from that time.
Image compression control
Most social media and messaging services compress your images when you send them. This saves on data and storage and generally makes downloads faster, but at the expense of image quality. Telegram, however, allows you to decide whether you want to compress your images or download them in full quality. It depends on where you save your image: in the Gallery or in the sections files.
When you receive a file from the gallery, the image counts as a multimedia file and is downloaded in a compressed format – fast and convenient. However, you also have the option of downloading the uncompressed image file in full quality from the File section. Telegram's file selector will allow you to browse the memory of your device to choose the one you want.
Save messages for later
Get a message that you know you want to show someone else later, or just keep it for reference? Select the message in question and press Transfer> Recorded messages. you can even send messages containing files such as photos and videos. The recorded messages are marked with the name of the original sender for convenience, ready to be viewed or shared again.
Use multiple accounts
A single user on Telegram can always have multiple accounts. To add a new account, follow these steps:
- Click on the three lines at the top left then click on the arrow next to your first name
- You should see an option appear Add an account.
- Then enter the new number for your next account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the new account has been created, you can change your account by clicking on the down arrow and selecting the account from the new options.
Delete sent messages
Oops! We've all sent something that we've come to regret, haven't we? Fortunately, Telegram allows you to delete a sent message. Long press the message to select it and tap on the trash can icon that appears at the top right. You will get a notch with options. Confirm the deletion of the message and activate the option to delete the message for the recipient.
If you have a tip for Telegram which is not listed here, let us know in the comments and we will update our article!
. (tagsToTranslate) telegram tips and tricks telegram tips t deactivate telegram