The news is increasing in recent days about the devices Apple. After an iPhone 7 Plus (read: iPhone 7 Plus: new explosion, a video shared on Twitter), it’s the turn of a MacBook Pro Retina 2015 to ignite. Daniel Dourvaris recently told about Medium his mishap with the battery of his Apple laptop:
“One afternoon when I was lying on my bed surfing the Internet, my MacBook Pro suddenly shut down. I then turned it over and within seconds there was a strange hiss, followed by white smoke and thin flames coming from the back. I got up and ran with the laptop in the bathroom to put it on the ceramic tiles. In less than ten seconds, the heat burned two of my fingers, so I dropped it. Just in time.”
The man says smoke continued to emerge from his 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, which sizzled for a few more minutes before stopping. “The house was full of smoke, and the acid stench of molten plastic made my eyes cry”, He adds.
After inquiring, Daniel Dourvaris explained that he learned that Lithium batteries can sometimes swell, and that there have been many similar cases in the past involving old MacBook batteries. Morality: if you have a laptop made in Apple that begins to date, be careful not to leave it unattended on your bed!