53-year-old man says he was saved by Siri after being badly burned following an explosion in a house in New Hampshire, in the United States.
Christopher Beaucher visited his mother in his chalet in Wilmot on May 1. He noted the absence of several copper pipes and thus suspected theft. Beaucher then went to the basement to check. By pressing the room switch, it triggered an explosion.
” My hands were so burned and I needed help, so I used Siri to call 911 “Said Beaucher at the microphone of CNN. As a reminder, Siri is the virtual assistant of the iPhone. It can be activated by voice command “Hey siri” (or “Say Siri“, in France).
The explosion completely destroyed Beaucher’s mother’s cottage. The victim had to be hospitalized for second degree burns to the face, neck and hands. Fortunately, the days of man are not counted.
It is not the first time that a victim of a serious accident has managed to warn the emergency services thanks to Apple’s voice assistant. Last March, a 4-year-old child called the emergency room and saved his mother’s life thanks to Siri.