Since its release in 2013, and with more than 100 million units sold, the Sony PlayStation 4 is undoubtedly the most popular console on the market.
With a multitude of features, it provides a rich gaming experience for gaming lovers.
There are even options unknown to some users, such as Remote Play, also called Remote Play in French. It allows you to play your favorite PS4 titles from anywhere and on any device.
Launched simultaneously with the Sony Xperia Z1 in 2013, this function was reserved for smartphones of the brand. Its compatibility with iPhones and other Android devices was available much later.
If you want to activate Remote Play on your PS4, then follow the steps to configure Remote Play on your PC, Mac, iPhone, Android or PS Vita.
Prepare the configuration of Remote Play on PS4
Before setting up and installing Remote Play functionality, here is a list of software and hardware you will need to access the service.
- PS4 with system software 3.50, minimum
- DualShock 4
- USB cable
- PlayStation Network Account
- An internet connection with download speeds of at least 5 Mb / s, ideally 15 Mb / s
It should also be noted that if you plan to access your PS4 via your PC or Mac, then you will be able to use voice chat to communicate with your friends.
It can therefore be interesting to invest in a gaming headset if you do not already have one.
Activate PS4 Remote Play
The first step to using remote playback is to allow access. To do this :
- Turn on your PS4.
- settings Remote read connection parameters.
- Make sure the box Activate remote reading is checked.
For the configuration process to be successful, your console must be set up as the main PS4.
- Go to Account Management settings.
- Slectionnez Activate as main PS4 then Activate.
Finally, to authorize remote reading in rest mode:
- settings Power management settings.
- Slectionnez Define the features available in rest mode.
- Enable Stay connected to the Internet and Allow PS4 activation from the network.
Your PS4 is now ready for remote reading. Now it's time to set up the device you want to play on.
Use PS4 Remote Play on PC or Mac
To use Remote Play on your PC or Mac, it's surprisingly simple.
- Download the installation file PS4 remote reading for Windows or macOS from the Sony website.
- Turn on your PS4 or put it to rest
- See you in settings Connection parameters for remote reading.
- Connect your controller DualShock 4 your computer using a microUSB cable.
- Launch PS4 remote reading on your PC / Mac.
- Slectionnez Dmarrer.
- Log in with your account PlayStation Network.
Use PS4 Remote Play on iOS and Android
In addition to being able to access your PS4 games from your computer, Sony's game streaming service is also available on iOS and Android.
Connecting your PS4 via a smartphone is identical to the previous technique on computer:
- On your PS4, go to settings Remote read connection parameters.
- Select Activate remote reading.
- Download PS4 Remote Play on iOS or Android.
- Launch the application
- Select the tooth wheel at the top right of your screen.
- Log in with the same PSN account as the one used on your PS4 and click on next.
If the connection is impossible, you can also register your PS4 manually, here are the 3 steps to follow:
- On your PS4, Parameters Connection parameters for remote reading.
- Choose Add a device.
- Note the 8-digit code that appears.
- Enter it in the application PS4 Remote Play.
The application should then associate your PS4 to prepare for remote reading.
To play via your smartphone, you can use the touchscreen controls, however, user experience will not be ideal.
Luckily, it's possible to connect your PS4 controller to your phone:
- Hold down the buttons simultaneously Share and PS of your DualShock 4 until the LED starts flashing.
- On your smartphone, activate the Bluetooth and search for new devices.
- Select the controller DualShock 4 and pair it with your smartphone.
- Open the app Remote play and enjoy gaming via your iOS or Android.
Using PS4 Remote Play on PS Vita
Although many have forgotten the PS Vita, it was nevertheless the first console to offer the functionality PS4 Remote Play.
Certainly, with the application now available on Android and PC / Mac, this is no longer a single argument. However, it remains an easy way to play while on the go.
The question is how to connect your PS4 to your PS Vita? Follow these steps, the process is slightly different from those mentioned above.
- Turn on your PS4.
- Go to settings Connection parameters for remote reading.
- Slectionnez Add device.
- An 8-digit code should appear on the screen, write it down.
- Open the app Remote play on your PS Vita.
- Enter the 8-digit code to pair your devices.
Once pairing is complete, simply access the Remote Play app to connect your PS4 and play even away from home.