The OnePlus North can now install the first beta version of Android 11 with OxygenOS 11. This iteration offers a host of new features, such as a shortcut to activate dark mode. We explain how to install this beta update on your smartphone right now.
After the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, the young Chinese brand opens the Android 11 beta program accompanied by the OxygenOS 11 overlay at OnePlus North. In a post on its official forum, OnePlus details the changelog of the update.
Among the new features listed by the company, we find a new design for the user interface, better stability for third-party applications, a new clock style for the Ambient Display mode (which evolves according to your use) and a shortcut in quick settings to activate dark mode.
On the same subject : the December 2020 Android security patch is being deployed on the OnePlus Nord and N100
How to install the Android 11 beta on the OnePlus Nord?
Before starting the installation of OxygenOS 11 in beta, we recommend that you back up the data on your Android smartphone, including your SMS. Remember also that this is a test version that is still unstable. It is likely that you will encounter various bugs or malfunctions. If that doesn’t scare you, we invite you to follow the manipulation below:
- Go to this page of the OnePlus forum to download the ROM corresponding to the OnePlus North (opt for the Global ROM, the European version is not yet available)
- Copy the upgrade package to the storage of the smartphone
- Go to Settings> System> System updates
- Then click on the icon at the top right then on Local upgrade> Click on the installation zip corresponding to your model> Update> System update 100% complete.
- When the update is complete, click Restart.
OnePlus advises you to check that your smartphone hasat least 30% battery and 3 GB of RAM available before starting the beta download. The opening of the beta program to OnePlus North obviously foreshadows the arrival of the Android 11 update in the final and stable version.