Sometimes you need to hide entire albums from your gallery. This is easy and we recommend one or two quick ways to do it. Just follow the steps of one of the two solutions we have described here and your private albums will be hidden from your gallery.
Best solution: LockMyPix
Many apps pretend to hide your photos from the curious, but LockMyPix stands out for its level of simplicity and security, even in its free version. It locks your files in a safe protected by an AES encryption standard of military level, accessible via a PIN code, a model or a fingerprint.
It has an intuitive user interface that allows you to encrypt your photos / videos directly from the app itself, with a simple tap-and-vault. The app can naturally be hidden in the app drawer.
The paid Pro variant offers even more options for the more paranoid, for example, you can configure false login credentials in the Pro variant. If someone discovers the safe and requests connection, you can give them access to the 'decoy' safe. The paid version also offers SD card compatibility and the ability to hide the app in something other.Of course, this also makes the whole experience without advertising.
Other solution: Astro File Manager
If you prefer to use a file manager rather than a gallery locker app, just follow these simple steps.First, download Astro File Manager below.
- Once in the application, access Main,then pressimagery.
- Now press and hold the folder you want to hide.
- Once it is highlighted, press the menu button (three dots at the top right of your screen).
- From there, go reappoint.
- Now rename the .nomedia folder and make sure to include the period before the text.Renameand there you are.
- If you want to see these hidden files again in Astro, you have to go to the menu and click onShow settings.
- From there click on theAdvanced tab.
- Just check the box afterShow hidden filesand go back to the app. You should see your file.
- If you want to hide it, rename it but don't include a period at the start.
Do you have other solutions to hide your albums? Let us know in the comments.