Xiaomi announces that it has deployed the update to MIUI 12 on 31 smartphones in its catalog. In a post on Twitter, the Chinese brand unveils the full list of phones that have already been able to install the new version of the Android overlay.
Xiaomi lifted the veil on MIUI 12, its new Android interface, last May. A few weeks later, the manufacturer launched the deployment of the update in a stable version on compatible smartphones in successive waves.
Among the flagship novelties of the MIUI 12 update, we find a new permissions system intended to protect the privacy of users, anew multitasking mode, a drastic energy saving mode an application drawer inherited from Poco Launcher.
The list of 31 smartphones that have already been able to install MIUI 12
A few months after the rollout kicked off, Xiaomi pushed the update to a list of 31 smartphones in its catalog. The list below includes both newer and high-end oriented smartphones and older, affordable terminals.
- Xiaomi Mi 10T, Mi 10T Lite, Mi 10T Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10, Mi Note 10 Lite, Mi Note 10 Pro
- Xiaomi-Mi 10 5G, Mi 10 Youth 5G, Mi 10 Lite 5G, Mi 10 Pro 5G, Mi 10 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha
- Xiaomi-Mi 9 Explorer, Mi 9 Pro, Mi 9 Pro 5G
- Redmi K30, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Redmi K30 5G Racing, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro Zoom, Redmi K30 Ultra
- Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro Premium
- Redmi-10X 4G, Redmi 10X 5G, Redmi 10X Pro 5G
Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- Redmi-9, Redmi 9A, Redmi 9C, Redmi 9i, Redmi 9 Prime
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8T, Redmi Note 8 Pro
- POCO X3, POCO X3 NFC
- POCO M2, POCO M2 Pro
- POCO-F2 Pro
- POCO X2, POCO X2 Pro
- POCO C3
- Black Shark 3, Black Shark 3 Pro, Black Shark 3S
- Black Shark 2, Black Shark 2 Pro
In theory, if you are the owner of one of the smartphones above, you should be able to install the update now. If you have opted for a smartphone linked to a subscription with your operator, the firmware may be offered with delay. To check if the update is available, just go to the Settings of your Xiaomi smartphone, then go to About phone and select System update. Before installing the update, we recommend that you make a backup of your smartphone and its content.