Big evening in sight for users since Apple has also just deployed the final version of macOS 10.15.4. It arrives at the same time as the final versions of iOS 13.4 / iPadOS 13.4 and watchOS 6.2.
Although several new products are on the agenda, wait a bit to see the first returns. Quite often there are incompatibilities and other bugs that can affect your machine or create problems with certain applications.
Here is the list of all the news
macOSCatalina10.15.4 introduces iCloudDrive folder sharing, communication limits with Screen Time, synchronized lyrics display in AppleMusic and more. The update also improves the stability, reliability and security of your Mac.
- Sharing iCloudDrive folders from Finder
- Commands to limit access to explicitly invited people or grant access to anyone with the link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and download files, and who can only view and download files
- Communication limits to control who your children can communicate with and who they can be contacted during the day and during downtime
- Control video clips your kids can watch
- Display synchronized lyrics in AppleMusic, with the possibility of directly accessing the passage of a song by clicking on the corresponding lyrics
- Option to import passwords from Chrome into your iCloud keychain to easily auto-complete passwords in Safari and on all your devices
- Commands allowing you to duplicate a tab and close all the tabs that are found right of active tab
- Support for HDR playback of Netflix content on compatible computers
AppStore with AppleArcade
- Support for universal purchases allowing you to use a participating app on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV from a single purchase
- View Arcade games you recently played in Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and AppleTV
- Custom reference modes that you can adapt to the needs of particular processes by selecting from a variety of color swatch, white point, luminance and transfer function options
- Preference Head pointer allowing to move a screen cursor according to the precise movements of your head
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- High dynamic range output to third-party displays compatible with HDR10 and TVs connected to a DisplayPort or HDMI port
- Support for OAuth authentication with accounts for more security
- Support for CalDav migration when upgrading to iCloud reminders on a secondary device
- Fixed an issue where text copied from another app might appear invisible when Dark mode is active
- Fixed an issue that could display a CAPTCHA mosaic incorrectly in Safari
- Fixed an issue where the Reminders app may send notifications for completed reminders
- Fixed a problem with the brightness of the LGUltraFine5K screen after resuming activity