It’s official: the Android version of Fortnite will launch this summer
Just weeks after its release on the iOS platform where it reigned supreme playing cards, the sandbox survival game was set to appear on the Android mobile operating system soon.
The blog titled ” State of Mobile ”Also shared information on several new features that the Fortnite mobile team is working on:
- Voice conversation – users will be able to chat with their teammates, which includes talking to friends on other platforms. Players will also be able to mute themselves or anyone else.
- Battery saver mode – increases performance by decreasing graphics quality and reduces power consumption (useful for older phones)
- Tracking Stats – will be added to the mobile version soon
- Customizable HUD – already added to the iOS version of the game
- Reduced installation size – patch sizes will be smaller and uploading content in the background for better updating
Other improvements include improved graphics performance, stability, and in-game features such as shooting and auto run.
Fortnite has made millions of dollars a day since its release on iOS in March. With Fortnite coming to Android, the company’s revenue generation is set to surge.
That leaves only one platform that Fortnite does not yet support, namely, Nintendo Switch. However, this exception may not last much longer.