The team Electra this Wednesday released an update to its jailbreak eponymous for iOS 11. The version 1.2.0 from Electra adds support for iOS 11.4 and 11.4.1, making it the first public jailbreak tool to officially support these firmware. Find our tutorial at the end of the article.
The hacker team announced this news on Twitter, stating that Electra 1.2.0 uses a new flaw called voucher_swap. This would be more reliable than the traditional multi_path or VFS exploits used for months. The list of changes to this version, which can be found on the official website of the developer CoolStar, is as follows:
- Support for iOS 11.4 – 11.4.1
- Addition of the async_wake exploit for the support of iOS 11.0 to 11.1.2
- Using the exploit voucher_swap instead of empty_list for iOS 11.2 to 11.4.1
- Added the exploit threadm1ll as an option for users of devices with A7 or A7 chips in iOS 11.2 to 11.4.1
- Correction of unexpected reboots
Regarding the jailbreak unc0ver, Pwn20wnd explained yesterday on Reddit that he was actively working on adding iOS 11.4 and 11.4.1 support to his jailbreak tool, but this update has not yet been released to the public. Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using Electra 1.2.0.
- Activate airplane mode, then deactivate Siri (Settings> Siri and search, uncheck “Detect” Say Siri “” and “Press to ask Siri”).
- Download Cydia Impactor on your computer: macOS link, Windows link, Linux link (32 bit), Linux link (64 bit).
- Download the latest version of Electra in IPA format from the CoolStar website by clicking here from your computer.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer, then open Cydia Impactor and drag the previously downloaded IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor window.
- Enter your iCloud username and password (a developer account is not required). Wait while the tool is installed on your iDevice.
- Then go to Settings> General> Profile management, from your iOS device then press your email address and choose “Trust”.
- Finally, launch the newly appeared Electra application on the home screen of your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, click the “Jailbreak” button and follow the instructions to obtain Cydia!
If you have any questions or got an error message, please let us know in the comments! Electra, for its part, recommends removing all pending OTA software updates from your device in order to avoid problems as much as possible.