Do you want to take advantage of Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung "old generation" tablets? Here's how to install Android 4.4 KitKat on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 thanks to OmniRom.
There are risks involved with installing customs, and if you do not do the right thing, you may end up with an unusable phone. Save all your data beforehand. Neither AndroidPIT nor I can be held responsible for anything.
This version is in the development phase, the version may still have a lot of bugs, and its installation and use is reserved for a public of connoisseurs.
For now, the screen capture (screenrecord) does not work. OmniRom also does not offer a multi-center mode.
- Charge the tablet up to at least 80%
- Know your model number exact (you find this one in the settings > About the tablet).
- The installation entails the loss of the data, save everything beforehand!
|CWM Recovery||OmniRom / Android 4.4 KitKat|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100||http://d-h.st/sLq||http://goo.gl/DLoJCG|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110||http://d-h.st/aML||http://goo.gl/fKG95E|
Note: you can find directly the newest version of OmniRom here for the P5100 and here for the P5110.
Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2
If your tablet is dj roote and equipped with a custom recovery, skip the installation of OmniRom directly.
1. Identify your model and download the corresponding files. Copy it from OmniRom / Android 4.4 as well as Google apps to the root of your tablet (without putting them in a folder, on the internal SD card).
2. Download and unpack Odin.
3. Launch Odin on your PC, and dye your Galaxy Tab 2.
4. Restart in download mode (hold the power and volume buttons low pressed for about ten seconds).
5. Plug your tablet into your PC, Odin needs to recognize it and the box at the top left should show "ID: COM" on a yellow background.
6. Click PDA and go to the corresponding CWM file for your model number, then uncheck the "Auto Reboot" box. Do not touch any other box.
7. Restart in recovery mode (power and volume buttons top), and continue the rest.
Install Android Android 4.4.2 KitKat / OmniRom
If you are in recovery mode, if you have opted for another CWM, the names of the menus may differ.
1. Select backup & restore and click on backup.
2. Once the backup completes, select wipe data / factory reset, Then in the menu Mount, click on Format / system and format / data.
3. Slectionnez advanced then wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
4. Slectionnez install zip from sdcardthen choose zip from internal sdcard.
5. Get the OmniRom / Android 4.4 file and validate. Validate again with Yes.
6. Proceed in the same way with the gapps file.
7. Go back to the main menu and click on reboot now.
After a few seconds / minutes, your tablet reboots on Android 4.4 KitKat, congratulations!
If you wish to have root rights, simply install SuperSU.
(tagsToTranslate) galaxy tab 2 10.1 android 4.4 kitkat (t) android 4.4 kitkat galaxy tab 2