Want to put your Galaxy S3 Mini day with the latest version of the system: Android 4.4 KitKat? It is now possible with this tutorial that allows you to flash CyanogenMod 11, the custom rom base on 4.4.
Save your data! The following procedure clears the entire user data. In addition, the installation of custom ROMs carries risks. If you do not follow the procedure correctly, you can make your smartphone unusable. Neither AndroidPIT nor I can be held responsible for anything.
- Galaxy S3 charges 85% minimum.
- Enable developer mode: parameters > About the phone > press the box several times Version number.
- Activate the USB boot mode: in the menu Options for developers newly created, check the box USB debugging.
Custom recovery installation
Note: if you know what you're doing and your Galaxy S3 Mini is dj root, you can skip the CM 11 installation first. Check first that your recovery is Android 4.4 compatible.
1. Download and uncompress the ClockWork Mod recovery and Odin 3.04.
2. Start Odin 3.04.
3. In the case PDA, get the ClockWork Mod downloaded file and dcompress upper.
4. Connect your Galaxy S3 Mini your PC via USB. Wait for the drivers to install if necessary, and Odin recognize the smartphone (box in the top left yellow).
5. Do not touch anything else, and click Start.
6. Once Odin displays "Pass!" in the box at the top left, it's finished.
Installing CyanogenMod 11 – Android 4.4 KitKat
Backup of the system
We will perform a NANdroid backup, ie a copy of the system, just in case.
1. Restart in recovery mode (volume up + home + power)
2. With the volume buttons, highlight the option backup & restorethen backup.
3. Once the backup finishes, restart the smartphone (go back, reboot), connect your PC and go to the folder of the backup (its name is the date of the backup, and it is in the folder / ClockworkMod / backup) to copy it to an easy location to find on your computer. The idea of putting this backup folder in safe.
4. Copy the CM11 rom file for the S3 Mini downloaded higher, as well as the gapps on your smartphone, without depressing them.
5. Make sure you have at least 85% battery and then restart your S3 Mini in recovery mode (volume up, home power).
6. Select the option install zip from sdcardthen choose zip from sdcard.
7. Get the rom file ("cm11.0_golden.maclaw.20131205") and confirm.
8. Do the same with the Google Apps file ("gapps-kk-20131031").
9. Slectionnez go back and finally reboot now.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S3 Mini then reboot under CyanogenMod 11, down on Android 4.4 KitKat!
Questions, a concern? See you on the forum!
(tagsToTranslate) android 4.4 mini kitkat galaxy s3 android 4.4 galaxy s3 mini (t) s3 mini