Tired of logging in every time you visit your favorite site using the Microsoft Edge browser? Microsoft Edge offers a solution: the browser can save passwords and activate automatic connection to your favorite sites. Below is a list of ways to manage your passwords.
See also: How to block ad windows in Microsoft Edge
Access connections from advanced Edge settings
- On the open page of Microsoft Edge Browser, select the menu button (three dots, located in the upper right corner of the screen), a drop-down list of options is displayed, then select Settings.
- Move your cursor over the Show advanced settings button and click on it.
- Access the option 'Manage passwords'.
- Select and click on one of the identifiers to modify your username or password.
- To change or delete your login information, right-click a login name, open it in a new tab, and enter your password and user name. Edge will open a site from Windows Credentials Manager where you can modify it.
For more information on displaying your passwords for your saved connections, you need to go to the system settings and set the preferences you want.
- On the keyboard, press Win + X simultaneously and select Control Panel.
- Select and open "User accounts"
- Access the 'Web Credentials' element.
- Here is a view of a list of connections for the applications, networks and websites registered by Microsoft Edge.
- Use the down arrow to display all displayed connections.
- Select and click Remove link or View link to remove or display the password for this credential. In order for you to see the web password, your account password would be required first.
Now you can log in once and save yourself the log time each time.
Windows 10 browser-Microsoft Edge
The new version of Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 now has improved functionality that allows you to save your web passwords and credentials in the browser. Once you log in or log in to your favorite site, a dialog box asks if you want to save your credentials. Once this information has been saved, future connections are automatic.
You may have used the Microsoft Edge browser as the main surf browser and therefore saved several identifiers. All of this will help view your password for a specific web address and add it to the other application. Additionally, you may have noticed that in Microsoft Edge, there was no direct way to access these passwords, even though it was easy to save or delete saved passwords, but you could not view them. This is due to the security features installed in the Edge browser for your privacy and security. This is why you only see the asterisk instead of the password entered.
Fortunately, there is a way to view these passwords. This can be easily done by following the simple steps that will be listed in the next section without using third-party software. Passwords are easily managed by launching Credential Manager, an integrated utility. Credential Manager allows you to view all of your saved passwords in the Edge browser and delete them if desired.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Credential Manager and press Enter.
- From the Credential Manager menu, select Web Credentials to display the URLs for which Edge passwords are saved.
- Select and click on the URL whose registered password you wish to display.
- Do not worry if this does not appear after the last instruction, this is because Credentials Manager does not display passwords.
- To see your password, click Show link. You will be asked to enter your account password.
Please note that : the account password is your local user account or your Microsoft account.