One of the most popular iPhone features is without a doubt memoji and animoji. Alas, these animated characters made in Apple are not available on Android smartphones. However, there is still a possibility of using memory sticks on Android (and in particular on WhatsApp). We explain how in this article.
What are memoji?
Memoji are nothing less than personalized animoji created by Apple. They allow you to create a mini comic strip version of your face (or of another person if you wish). It is possible to customize the color of the skin, hair, eyes, mouth, glasses, facial pilosit, face shape … In other words, it is the Apple version of Bitmoji on Snapchat or AR Emoji on Samsung.
The creation of these memoji is done from the Messages application. With iOS 13 and iPadOS, your memoji thus becomes a pack of stickers accessible from your keyboard. To create memoji, here is the procedure to follow:
- Open the Messages app
- Tap the Animoji (monkey) icon and scroll to the right
- Click on New Memoji
- Customize the characteristics of your memoji then validate
- Your animoji is created and a pack of memoji stickers is automatically created!
How to use memoji on WhatsApp on Android
Although this may seem impossible, it is actually possible to use and send iPhone memoji on WhatsApp from your Android smartphone. The procedure is not necessarily simple but should delight Android users fond of these characters.
Before you start, know that you will need a friend or an acquaintance using an iPhone with iOS 13. Then ask him to create a memoji your effigy (or a memoji your taste). Then from his iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on the iPhone then create a discussion with you
- Tap the text entry field
- Click on the Emoji icon on the keyboard and click on the three dots – "…"
- Then select the memoji you want and send them
Take your Android smartphone back then follow these steps:
- Click on each sticker then save your sticker by selecting Add to favorites
- Memojis are then saved in your WhatsApp stickers
To send your memoji to one of your friends, simply access your WhatsApp stickers. Alas, it is not possible to save them on your Android keyboard to send them by SMS.
What do you think of these memoji? Is this a feature you like? Would you like to see Android natively offer this feature?
. (tagsToTranslate) how to use android whatsapp memoji (t) how to send android memoji (t) how to make android memoji (t) how to send whatsapp memoji on android (t) memoji (t) animojis