- 3 years ago (Mj 11 months ago)
- Medhi Naitmazi
Today we will see how to easily transfer files, photos, documents or other via AirDrop between iPhone, iPad and Mac. Indeed, this feature presented for some years on Mac then iOS 7, is very practical but sometimes forgotten.
As often on iPhoneSoft, here is a new tip for beginners that comes to garnish the section easy iPhone… (see all our tips Mac and iPhone Easy).
AirDrop: how did it work?
AirDrop is an excellent tool for transferring all types of files between Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad: photos, videos, documents, etc. To use it, it will be necessary that both devices have activated Wifi and Bluetooth. No need to be on the same WiFi network though. We explained everything in this article: How to walk AirDrop and where to find the files sent.
AirDrop: which compatible devices?
Between iOS device, it will require at least:
- iPhone 5 and later models
- iPad Pro
- iPad (4th generation or later)
- iPad mini or later model
- iPod touch (5th generation or later)
Sharing content between a Mac and an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is possible using the following devices and operating systems:
- Mac commercialized from 2012 dot of OS X Yosemite or higher version
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch dot diOS 7 or higher version
Between Macs, you will need at least:
- MacBook Pro commercialis from the end of 2008
- MacBook Air commercialis from the end of 2010
- MacBook commercialis from the end of 2008
- iMac commercialis from early 2009
- Mac mini commercialis from mid-2010
- Mac Pro marketed from early 2009
- iMac Pro (all models)
How to transfer very easily with AirDrop
From an iOS device (iPhone, iPod or iPad), to change files by AirDrop, just go to the application containing the files (for example in Photos to change clichs) then:
- Swipe from bottom to top on the screen to open the control center.
- Touch AirDrop.
- Select one of the following options:
- Off: Disable AirDrop.
- Contacts Only: Make your device visible only to your contacts.
- Everybody : makes your device visible to all nearby iOS / MacOS devices with AirDrop. Very important to change with people you do not have in your directory.
- Select the items to share and press the "share" button
- Then tap the name of a nearby AirDrop user, or his Apple device. All who are eligible appear as a bubble.
- The other user receives an alert, as well as an overview of the content you want to share. He then has the possibility to accept or refuse the sharing request. If you accept the transfer, the content in question appears in the application from which you made the shipment. For example, the photos are displayed in the Photos application, and the websites open in Safari.