After the videos which are automatically enchanted, it is the turn of the home page to be alive. Since version 14 of the YouTube application, the videos displayed on the home page are played automatically, without sound. like Facebook or Instagram. This novelty does not suit you? Let's see together the possible settings to disable automatic playback of videos on YouTube.
There may be several reasons for disabling automatic playback of videos. You want to save your iPhone battery or your 4G plan, or for any other reason. To disable automatic playback of videos on the YouTube home page on iOS, the steps are the same for all iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad). Here's how to do it:
- Open your YouTube app;
- On the home page, at the top right, tap your profile photo;
- Then go to Parameters;
- Press Autoplay on the home page, in the Autoplay section;
- Choose if you want:
- Leave automatic reading with Always active;
- Activate but in Wi-Fi only to keep your internet plan;
- or completely deactivate it with Deactivated in order to preserve your battery.
You will just have to leave the parameters for the change to take effect. We hope this little trick helped you.