Whatsapp does not allow its users to use the same account which is verified by the same phone number on multiple devices. If for any reason you want to use an existing account on the new phone, you must delete the account on the old device. Let's say you just bought a new iPhone and want to use a Whatsapp account that you keep on an Android phone. Then you need to delete this account from the Android device. How to change accounts between devices without losing your data? There are certain methods that you can use to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. You can choose the one that suits you.
Method 1: Backup and restore
Whatsapp provides tools for transferring chats between devices. So, you don't need to download the third-party app to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
- Make sure your phones are connected to a reliable Internet connection.
- Launch the Whatsapp application on your Android phone and open Settings
- Find and tap the Chats option from the list, then tap Chat Backup
- In the next window, you will see the Save button. Press it and wait for the backup process to complete.
- Uninstall Whatsapp on your Android device.
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone and log in using the desired account.
- Press "Restore" and wait for it to finish.
Method 2: Use dr fone
Your Whatsapp may contain important conversations and files. This is why for some people the transfer of data is a concern, even if they have already made the backup. First of all, when you change data between devices that have different operating systems. If you are not really comfortable with the first method, this one is worth trying. Using third party software such as Dr. Fone can help you transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
- Download and install Whatsapp transfer box tools from dr. fone on your PC. It is available for Mac and Windows PC. Once the application installs on your PC, you will be able to transfer Whatsapp in no time.
- Once the application installs on your PC, launch it and click on the option Restore social applications.
- In the left sidebar, you will see the list of social networks such as Whatsapp, Line, Viber, etc. Choose Whatsapp.
- Select the option Transfer WhatsApp messages. This feature allows you to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone or vice versa.
- Now connect the two phones to the PC using USB cables. You may need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone before proceeding to the next step. If you don't know how to do this, don't worry. You can simply follow the guide that appears on a pop-up window after you connect the phone to the PC.
- Make sure the Android phone is displayed on the left and the iPhone on the right when you want to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. Otherwise, click the flip button to reorder its position.
- When everything is set, click on Transfer and select Yes to confirm and the transfer process will start. Let it run until it is finished.
- You can connect your Whatsapp to your iPhone using the same phone number. Then uninstall the one you have on your old device.