Google Pixel 3 offers a unique experience to its users. But, like all other phones, it can slow down after a few months. If you've been using this model for a while now and notice that it's a bit slow, you will find some ideas here to speed up Google Pixel 3.
See also: How to fix Google Pixel 3 Wi-Fi issues
Restart the phone
You can quickly reboot your device to see if the problem is gone or not. Sometimes restarting the device increases the performance of the phone. This is because it will close all applications and processes that are running in the background.
- First, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
- The phone will vibrate and restart.
If your phone does not have enough memory, it will be very slow, since the 10% storage space must remain free for better performance. So, check the storage and clear the data if necessary. In addition, if you already have a backup of your videos, files and photos, you can easily delete them from your phone.
- Go to the 'Settings' option.
- Find Storage and tap it.
- Then check if your phone has enough space or not.
- Otherwise, you can press Smart Storage to free the phone memory.
You can also automatically delete photos or apps that aren't used as often.
- Go to 'Settings> Storage> Free up space'.
- Select the items you want to delete.
- Then press Release.
To delete Google Play content:
- Go to "Google Play app".
- Tap on the three horizontal lines and select "Parameters".
- Then 'Manage downloads> Delete'
Update your phone
To improve the speed of your phone, check for a system update. Here's how:
- Go to the device setting.
- Below you will find System. Click on it.
- Then go to Advanced and hit Update System.
- The update status of your phone will be displayed. If an update is required, act on it.
Next, check the update status of the applications.
- Go to "Google Play Store".
- There are three horizontal lines. Tap that.
- Go to "My apps and games".
- Check if a new update is available for the apps you use. For a single update, press Update. For more than one update, press 'Update all'.
Check for Safe Mode Problems
Any recently downloaded application may affect the speed of the phone. To find out if a third-party application is causing problems or not, run the device in safe mode. When the phone is operating in safe mode, only the pre-installed applications will be run.
- First, press and hold the Power button option.
- After that, press and hold the dye button. Click on OK
- Your device will display Safe Mode at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see if the phone works faster. If so, one of the recently installed applications is causing the problem.
What you need to do is restart the phone and uninstall the apps you downloaded recently.
Clear cache partition
Sometimes phone performance can be severely affected by a cache issue. This makes the phone very slow. The Wipe Cache Partition method is used to clear the cache.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off the phone.
- Press the Volume Up and Power Button buttons simultaneously, then wait for the company logo or the Android logo to appear on the screen.
- Release the two buttons.
- Among many options. Press "Erase cache partition".
- Then restart your phone.