GIF is the abbreviation for Graphics Interchange Format. It's one of the most common ways to share your motions on the Internet, especially on social media sites like Twitter. People use GIFs in place of the same to transmit their messages.
All GIF files uploaded to Twitter are automatically converted to video format, even if it is still called a GIF file. This is the only reason why you cannot download a GIF file from Twitter by simply right-clicking on the GIF file and then clicking Save Image as you do on most other sites. Twitter converts a GIF file to video format because the video format is generally smaller than a GIF file and offers more natural interaction.
So if you want to save a GIF file from Twitter, you have several options, such as third-party sites and mobile apps that help you keep GIF files from Twitter. Let us discuss some of them.
See also: How to change your Twitter name and username
Save GIF using website
To save a GIF file from Twitter, you can get help from a site called "ezgif.com. This site can help you save a GIF file from Twitter with reduced size and good quality. Follow these simple steps:
- Copy the URL of the GIF you want to save to Twitter
- Go to ezgif.com/optimize.
- Paste the copy URL in the text box indicating OR paste the image URL :.
- And then click on the "Upload!"
- Once this procedure is completed, you will see the result just below the text box on the same page.
- Just right click on the result, then click Save Image to get the fantastic good quality GIF on your device storage.
Save GIF using an app
Another option is to use a third-party mobile application with which you can download the GIF from Twitter. One of the apps is TWEET2GIF made for Android devices. This application allows you to download a GIF file from Twitter in MP4 and GIF formats. To save GIF files from Twitter via TWEET2GIF, do the following:
- Copy the URL of the GIF file you want to save from the Twitter application (expand the details of the tweet, then click more in the menu and select Copy link to tweet).
- Open the TWEET2GIF mobile app
- Just paste the copy URL into the app
- Finally, choose the format in which you want to download the GIF file (MP4 or GIF).
If you cannot use any of the methods mentioned above, you can choose one of the following solutions:
- Start by downloading the GIF file from Twitter as a video from a site called savedeo.site https://savedeo.site/.
- And to download the GIF file as a video, exactly as we did the TWEET2GIF application, copy the URL of the GIF tweet and paste it into the text box on the savedeo.site page, then click on the Download button.
- When you click the Download button on the home page, a new page opens. Just click on the small download button to the right of the new page to download the video format of the GIF file.
- Once you have the video now, it's time to visit ezgif.com.
- Then select the video option in GIF format in the menu, then find and select your MP4 video downloaded from savedeo.site and download it.
- Another thing before getting the GIF format is to set the frame rate (FPS). It is recommended to keep the fps 20 seconds to obtain a smooth animation.
- Finally, click on the "Convert to GIF" button.