If the WindowsUpdate_80240020 error occurs while downloading Windows 10, don’t worry: here’s how solve this problem very easily.
There is indeed a way toforce Windows Update to enable download update from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10.
How to resolve the WindowsUpdate_80240020 error
This method is not official, but many users have already resorted to it successfully. Be careful, since it is not official, the method is executed under the full responsibility of the users. No worries though. Everything works perfectly:we tested it and Windows 10 did start downloading the update immediately. However, in order to avoid unpleasant surprises, it is better to carry out a backup copy of all PC data.
Force Windows 10 Update
1. Go to Control panel > System > Windows Update. Change the settings toactivate updates automatically.
2. Open the folder C: / Windows / SoftwareDistribution / Download and eliminate all content.
3. Then open theCommand prompt (CMD) in administrator mode. In Windows 8 (and higher), all you have to do is right click on the Windows button in the lower left corner of your screen. Windows 7 users will type cmd in the search field of the Start menu.
4. Once the CMD is open, type the following command, but without executing it yet:wuauclt.exe / updatenow (be careful leave a space between “exe” and “/”).
5. Return to the Windows Update. Activate the option Check for updates.
6. While the system is searching, go to the command prompt and Push the button Enter to execute the command, previously introduced in point 4.
7. Windows 10 will start downloading the update. This can be checked in the Windows Update window by means of a visible blue icon.