The technology behind smart devices has definitely changed the way we live our daily lives, especially when it comes to adopting healthy habits. Having a constant reminder of the need to practice these healthy habits is rather a good idea and The Fitbit Versa has made it even more enjoyable. This smart watch has gone further to provide very useful features that make life easier for the user. However, such technology can be a challenge to understand or exploit.
Like any other gadget, the Fitbit Versa can sometimes request a reset due to malfunctions or the like. So it is very practical to know how to manage this in such circumstances, otherwise all this revolutionary technology and expertise will be practically useless, even harmful. Restarting the device can also be initiated by the user without any prompt from the device system itself if the device behaves badly, for example by not responding to inputs or perhaps if it gives slow responses. There are two ways to reset the Fitbit Versa depending mainly on the problem encountered.
See also: Guide to buying a connected watch – things to take into account when buying a connected watch
How to reset Fitbit Versa: quick reset
In the event of a minor malfunction, the Fitbit can be restored quite easily to the factory settings without any complex procedure by performing the following simple steps:
- Access the device settings by identifying the gear icon on the screen and selecting it as on any other ordinary smartphone.
- Select the 'About' option in the settings to display more options.
- The device reset option is located here and can be launched and executed simply by selecting the factory reset.
Of course, this method is only possible if the device responds to these on-screen commands using the side buttons or the touch function, if applicable.
How to reset Fitbit Versa: Reset button
This reset method is intended for a device that refuses to follow the standard input commands of its user, thus preventing navigation on the start menu or reset menu screen.
- First, make sure the device is connected to its default charging cable which is connected to the power source
- Locate the three operation buttons on the sides of the device and position the fingers of one or both hands to use them simultaneously, whichever is more convenient for you.
- Firmly press and hold the three buttons simultaneously for up to fifteen seconds
- This action should cause the Fitbit logo to appear on the device's output terminal or on the screen.
- The logo will disappear after a few seconds, after which the user must release only the lower right button but without releasing the other two buttons, in particular the upper right button and the single left button.
- At this point, the device should have a very noticeable vibration sensation if the process has been carried out correctly. This indicates that the device reset process has started.
- A few seconds after the successful initiation of the reset process, the static Fitbit logo should appear on the screen. This is the point at which the remaining buttons must be released to allow a full reset. Otherwise, a regular start-up will be carried out, which will not necessarily resolve the malfunction.
However, it is important to understand that a factory reset or factory boot will erase ALL accumulated user data from the device and any other settings or customizations made. So, it is not a reversible action. Once the reset is complete, all customization will have to be redone and the device will start collecting data again.