Typically, using a password when connecting to the device is the best way to protect your important files and data. In addition, the device remains secure, especially if the computer has multiple users. However, we can all agree that entering the password every time you want to log in can be quite annoying. If you want to skip the login password step when accessing your PC, you can do this in different ways. Here we are going to show you how to remove Windows 10 login password and use automatic login.
See also: How to update apps on Windows 10
How to remove Windows 10 login password
Remove password from settings
This method is for those who use a local account.
- Go to "Settings" on your PC.
- Click on 'Accounts'.
- You will find an option under "Connection options".
- Then go to 'Password> Change'.
- First, you need to verify the current password. Then click on 'Next'.
- Another 'Change your password' page will appear.
- There are three boxes, "New password", "Re-enter password" and "Password hint". Keep the entire field blank. Now click on 'Next'.
- Finally, click on 'Finish'.
- The password is deleted.
Automatic connection option SysInternals
There is a tool called Autologon, designed by Microsoft. This is useful for automatic login in Windows 10. The tool makes the password crypt and stored in the registry.
- First of all, you need to download Autologon
- Then, as administrator, you need to run 'Autologon.exe'.
- Click I accept in the license agreement.
- Fill in the Username, Domain and Password fields.
- Press 'Activate'. You will now receive a notification that the automatic connection is active and that the password is crypt.
Skip login with password
- Open the "Execute" option by pressing "Win + R".
- Now type 'netplwiz' in the field and click OK.
- A window named "User Accounts" will appear.
- There is an option, "The user must enter a user name and password to use this computer". Clear the check box next to it.
- Click on 'OK' and 'Apply'.
- Then you need to give the auto login information. Click on OK. Now your PC system has automatic connection.
For Microsoft account
- Go to "Settings".
- Find the account and tap it.
- Go to "Your info".
- Select 'Connect with a local account instead'.
- Check your current password and press 'Next'.
- Leave the password fields empty and click on 'Next'
- Finally, click on "Finish".
Your account has been transferred to a local account. To remove the password for logging in to the local account, follow the first method mentioned above.
Via the register
- First, press the Win + R keys.
- Type 'regedit'. 'regedit' means 'registry editor'.
- Then go to the next path.
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon'
- There is a 'AutoAdminLogon' registry setting. You must change the value from 0 to 1.
- Then you need to create 'DefaultUserName', 'DefaultPassword' and 'DefaultDomain'. After modifying all the fields, close all open windows and restart your device.
Thus, upon connection, the computer will not ask for a password for the specific user name. But before that, make sure that your account will not be accessed by others. It is recommended that you use a password because someone can access your computer without your knowledge and access your files. To cancel the entire automatic connection process, you must modify the new cres values.