If you are using a Mac computer, we know that you have at least once tried to post to Instagram using your Mac computer. We also know that you had trouble creating it. This is why this article is made. Here we are going to show you how to post content, whether photos or videos, to your Instagram account via your Mac. There are two ways to publish a multimedia file to Instagram from a Mac PC. The first method uses the Apple browser (Safari), and the second method uses the Chrome browser.
See also: How to secure your Instagram account
Publication on Instagram with Safari:
It's a smart tip that will allow you to download photos from Instagram with your Mac. Just open the Instagram website as if you were using an iPhone. Follow these simple steps:
- First, launch Safari Navigator then click Preferences and choose Advanced. Check in the menu bar that Show development menu is enabled.
- In the next step, go to Instagram and log in to access your account.
- Then you have to go to the Expand menu which you can find in the top menu bar, then select User Agent and finally Safari – iOS 12 – iPhone or it could be the latest version, other than 12.After that , Instagram would consider you a iPhone owner using the mobile version of Safari. Just reload the website page to get a display-type iPhone, and you'll get all the functionality of a mobile user. One of these features is the ability to download images and videos.
- Then you can see that the functionality or the download button appeared in the lower central part of the browser. Once you click the download button, it will take your computer files to you. Choose any photo or video you want to share, select a filter and click next.
- Finally, by clicking on "share" at the top right of the screen, your image will be published on your Instagram profile.
Publishing to Instagram using Chrome:
There isn't much difference between Safari and Chrome and basically it's the same principle to follow.
- In the menu bar, select View, then Developer. A list of options will develop from which you should choose Development Tools. The console opens and you must find the icon in the menu bar left by the Elements option. This allows you to change the user agent and will display the mobile version of Instagram.
- Now you need to select your device. In fact, by clicking Responsive in the menu bar, the list of Apple devices will get longer and all you have to do is choose yours. Once you have selected your option, the screen will look like that of the selected device. If that does not happen and the display remains unchanged, simply refresh the website.
- Once everything is set up as described above, the download button will appear on your virtual mobile screen. Go ahead and click on the download button at the bottom center of the screen. This will systematically open the folder containing your files on your Mac computer.
Then it's time to choose a photo, picture or even a video. Once this option is selected, you have two options. Either you want to rotate the photo or zoom in or do both if you want. After that, Instagram offers several filters to choose from. Make your choice and click Next, after which you can write a brief description of the photo. At the end, click Share and the photo will instantly appear on your Instagram profile.