Twitter is one of the most powerful social media tools in the world. It is famous for its origin of the low SMS service and also of microblogging. It is free cross-platform software, so it is easy for everyone to enter. Social media apps these days are useful as well as headaches sometimes for many people. Twitter therefore helps its users to solve some bad things. If someone is harassing or insulting you, you don't have to be crazy because you can just mute and relax. The mute feature helps you silently remove someone's tweets from your profile, which means that the person you cut does not know that you have already done so. You don't even have to follow or block this person to do this. Let's see some important features of the Mute option and, more importantly, how to do it?
See also: How to download videos from Twitter
Important things to know first
Someone can follow you even if you have muted them and you can also follow the accounts that you have muted. After muting someone, the user can still communicate with you by direct message, but you will not receive any notification from this account. Responses and mentions already made by the user that you have disabled can always be viewed from your Notifications tab. In addition, tweets from a deactivated account that you published before deactivating the account will also be deleted from your timeline.
- from a Tweet, click on the bottom flch button
- Tap the Mute + name of the user option.
- You have successfully deactivated this user.
- Select the profile page of the person you want to deactivate.
- Tap the overflow icon.
- Tap the Mute + name of the user option in the list.
- This is another way to mute a person's sound.
Note: The above steps can be followed on any platform (Android, iOS and Web) to mute a user's sound. You can deactivate or reactivate any user at any time from their profile page or their Tweet.
Re-activate a user account
All user accounts that you have muted can be viewed from the muted account settings on your Twitter web page and also from your Twitter app on your iOS and Android devices.
from a Twitter app for iOS
- Enter your profile and select the Settings and privacy option. Then select the Confidentiality and security option in this option.
- Under Security, select the Mute option. Then select Mute Accounts. You will see the list of users that you have already deactivated.
- Tap the mute option to reactivate the accounts on the list. Follow or do not follow the accounts on this list by pressing each account.
from a Twitter application for Android
- In the menu section, select the navigation menu button or your profile photo.
- Select the Settings and privacy option from there. Then click on the Confidentiality and security option.
- Then everything else is the same as the one mentioned in the previous case. Just follow the same steps.
From the Web Twitter
- Access your profile, choose the Settings and confidentiality option.
- Select the Mute accounts option.
- You will see the list of accounts muted. In the list, you can display all the accounts (following but silent or not following but silent).
- Then the steps are the same as before to reactivate an account.
Note: In the Accounts section, you can view all of the accounts that you are tracking and disabled. In the All option, you will see all the accounts that you have muted.