A few weeks ago, WhatsApp launched the option to call and group video calls in the program to improve communication between groups and if you are still not using the option or do not know how to do it, we will help you. will say step by step on this article.
Group video calls on WhatsApp were announced at the May 1 F8 conference, and they are now ready to be released to early iOS and Android users. Are they available on your account at the moment? Read on to know how to check and how to use this feature.
How to make a group video call on WhatsApp
Do you have the functionality yet?
Once again, WABetaInfo keeps us up to date with the latest news from WhatsApp, with their latest tweet about the new WhatsApp group video calling feature. The feature has been released for a limited number of iOS users with the app updated to version 2.18.52 and for beta users on Android with version 2.18.145.
To be able to call several contacts simultaneously on Android, you must therefore make sure that the application is updated to version 2.18.52. Here’s how:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to settings
- Go to Help > App Info
- The first thing we need to do is call or call any of the contacts we want to talk to.
- When that contact has answered the call, at the top of the icon of a person with the plus sign (+) appears, if we tap on it we can add someone to the call.
- We just have to choose the users from our contacts that we want to invite, but it has to be selected one by one.
- It doesn’t matter if the users you want to invite are not users Android or if they are not beta users, anyone can join group calls and video calls.
- Remember that the limit of users per session is 4 people, that is 3 users and you.
As you can see the process is very simple, and as I mentioned only the user doing the group session needs to be a beta user of WhatsApp for Android, but when the session is in progress it can include users who are iOS or who are not beta testers.