Podcasting has seen a huge boom in public recognition over the past year and I’m glad I did. It is by far my favorite means of consumption and it deserved the epidemic. Finally, I don’t have to explain to everyone what podcasts are and why I keep listening to them. With its growing popularity, companies like Google have released their own podcast apps. The Google Podcasts app has enabled millions of Android users to discover and listen to podcasts.
Also Read: 10 Best Google Apps You Have No Idea Of
While the Google Podcasts app is quite good, it is not feature packed. One of the main user complaints about the Google Podcasts app is the lack of a web player. And while it’s true that Google hasn’t released any official web player for the Google Podcasts app, there is a way to listen to podcasts on the web using Google Podcasts. In this article, I’ll show you how to listen to podcasts from Google on the web:
Listen to Google podcasts on the web
Google has made it so easy to open a web reader that I don’t understand why it hasn’t made the reader official. If it was official, more users would have been inclined to use the app. With that said, here’s how to use the Google Podcasts web player:
1. Launch the Google Podcasts app on your Android phone and tap to open the podcast episode you want to listen to.
2. Now tap on the three-dot menu, then on “Share” . In the Android share sheet, press the “Copy to clipboard” button.
3. The second step will be to copy the podcast link to your device, which will look like this:
4. Now open this link on your desktop . You will see a splash screen as shown below.
5. To enable web playback, simply replace “www.google.com/podcasts” with “ podcasts.google.com “. After the replacement, you will get the following link.
6. Now just copy and paste the link into the web browser to access to this episode, as shown in the image below.
7. In fact, you can even click on the name of the podcast and open the entire podcast directory and select an episode.
But the thing I love most about this hack is that once you change the link so that the web player appears once in your browser, it will automatically convert any links you paste later. It means that you don’t have to manually convert links every time you want to use web player . Just do it once and you are sorted.
Use Google Podcasts on the web
As you can see, you can enable Google Podcasts web player quite easily. Hope Google makes this web viewer official so that we don’t have to copy and paste links from our smartphones to our desktop. Use the web player and let us know if you like it or not.