Sometimes we don't feel comfortable or secure if our apps can be viewed by anyone. There are ways to hide applications. Even after you have set a password for your device, you can hide a few apps to keep your privacy.
See also: How to update all Android apps at once
Disable pre-installed applications
Each Android phone comes with preinstalled apps. If you wish to deactivate some, follow the steps below:
- First, go to "Settings". Then go to "Applications". If your phone does not display Application, do the following: Settings> Device> Application.
- Then, in the application manager, tap Applications. Then select the apps you want to hide.
- Then click on 'Deactivate'. You will find all the deactivated applications in a section entitled "Dactiv".
Hide apps with launchers
If you want to hide certain applications on your phone, you can use one of the many launchers available.
- Download a launcher for Android device with an option for hidden apps. 'Apex Launcher' is the one who can achieve the goal.
- After installing the application, go to Apex Settings. There will be an option 'SET AS DEFAULT'. Click on it. There is an option called "Mask Applications". Go there.
- Then you will find a complete list of all the apps installed on your device.
- Choose the applications you want to hide by checking the box.
- Your task is now complete and the selected applications will not appear on the screen.
- You must choose 'UNHIDE', to see them.
There is another launcher application called 'Nova Launcher'. The stages are almost identical to those of the "Apex Launcher". The difference is that you have to pay a fee to be able to take advantage of all the options.
If you don't want a launch application on your phone, choose AppLock. This application is free and very easy to use. Security is also very high with a password, fingerprint locks or patterns. You can choose an option. It is very useful to hide videos and images.
First, you need to download it from Google Play. Then choose the security option and remember it. Now you can lock any application and no one will be able to enter it. In this way, you can hide all your applications.
File Hide Expert
This is another third-party app that hides apps in Android. It is a free application. You need to download it from the Google Play Store. Open the file and there will be a folder icon in the top right corner. Then select the files you want to hide and the task is finished. There is an option like "Hide all". If you click on it, all your files will be hidden and will no longer be visible on the screen or in any other file manager. To make them visible, you must go to File Hide Expert and click on Restore all. Then all of our files will be ripped. To prevent any observer from opening the 'File Hide Expert' application, there is a password option to make it more secure. Go to Menu> Settings and you will have the possibility to activate the password. Check the box, set a password and remember it.
If you want to hide your photos, you can try KeepSafe app. It is widely used and protects all private life. It will create a virtual safe for you for whatever you want. To access the application, you must enter a PIN code each time. You can keep all sensitive information there. If you want to resume your private files, this is also possible. You can recover files easily if you accidentally lost something. There is a free version and a premium version. The premium version costs $ 4.99 per month. You will enjoy many additional features.