The error detected during screen overlay is a problem that can occur on devices running Android Marshmallow. This is a common error on many devices such as Vivo, Oneplus, Samsung, Tecno, Lenovo, LG, Oppo, Redmi MI, etc. If you find this message To change this authorization setting, you must first deactivate the screen overlay from Settings> Applications ", it is then confirmed that your device is experiencing a screen overlay error problem Although the error is frustrating, you can easily fix it. Here we will show you how to do that.
See also: How to Repair Android Won't Download Apps
Restart Safe Mode in Stock Android
This process is applicable to bass devices on Android such as Nexus, Moto, LG, Lenovo or HTC, etc. Here's how to get rid of the error:
- First, firmly press and hold the power button.
- A message will appear Restart in Safe Mode. This is permission for safe mode
- Press OK to restart the device in safe mode.
For the Samsung device, do the following:
- Start by turning off your device.
- Hold the power button and you will see the Samsung logo on the screen.
- Release the power button and press the volume up button while holding it. Then the device will be ready to boot and the safe mode will appear in the corner.
Now, after enabling Safe Mode, do the following:
- First, go to Settings.
- You will find the "Applications" option, press it.
- Now select the applications for which you receive the error message.
- Tap Application permission.
- Swipe now to activate permissions for this app.
Uninstall screen overlay applications
If you face the error, force stop or uninstall unwanted applications that are barely used, as this can help you fix the problem. You will also have some free space on your device. If an application appears on top of another application, your device may be affected by an error detected during the screen overlay. By uninstalling the applications causing the error, the problem can be resolved.
dye Screen overlay of all applications
- First, go to "Settings".
- Press the "Applications" option.
- Then tap on the three dots in the right corner.
- You will find an option, Draw over other applications. Select it.
- Then select the Show system applications option.
- Now the screen overlay is disabled for all applications.
Disabling the screen overlay is different for Samsung devices.
- First, go to "Settings" and open it.
- Tap on the "Applications" option and go to "Application manager".
- You will find the Plus option in the corner of your screen. Click on it.
- There is an option Applications that can appear at the top. Select it.
- Then click on More again and click on View System Applications.
- Now you will find a list of applications with the active screen overlay.
- Disable screen overlay for all applications.
The deactivation of the screen overlay for the Samsung device is complete.
If the manual solutions do not work properly for your device, you can opt for an application-based solution.
There is an application called Unlock Installation Button. It is used to unlock the installation button caused by the screen overlay error. After installing and activating the application, you will be asked for permission to access other applications to remove the error. After activation, try again all the applications displaying the error message and check if the error is removed or not.
There is another application called Alert Window Verifier to check the overlay permission.