OnePlus 7 is a great phone. Even if it comes with impressive specifications and features, some issues may arise from time to time. Many smartphone users face certain issues, but it can be said that those related to Wi-Fi are probably the most common. If you have OnePlus 7 and you have Wi-Fi problems, that you are connected to the network without Internet access, able to connect but the connection continues to disconnect, you are in the right place. We are going to show you how to solve problems related to OnePlus 7 Wi-Fi.
See also: How to fix OnePlus 7 Bluetooth issues
What to do when you are connected to Wi-Fi but you do not have Internet access?
Your OnePlus 7 may be connected to Wi-Fi but you cannot access the Internet. To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- The first thing to do is to restart the router: unplug the modem and, after 30 seconds, plug it back in and check if your phone connects to Wi-Fi.
- Another solution is to reset the Wi-Fi modem. By doing so, you will reset all the Wi-Fi connection settings.
- If the problem persists, call your Internet service provider.
What to do if your telephone cannot connect to the modem?
This problem can be quite common and occurs when your phone cannot connect to the router. It is a public Wi-Fi network or your own. To resolve this problem, use the following steps:
- Go to your phone's settings and turn off Wi-Fi, then turn it back on.
- If nothing happens, delete all the networks already saved on your device and try to establish a Wi-Fi connection again. To do this, go to Settings, search for Wi-Fi, then search for and press the network. Tap Forget.
- You can try to connect to another nearby Wi-Fi network to find out whether or not this is your router problem. If so, reset your router and try again.
- If nothing happens, restart your device, it's a very popular solution that works often.
What to do when your device gets a slow connection?
This can happen when you are connected to a router located far from your device. To solve this problem, you can:
- It is common knowledge that the closer you get to the router, the better the Internet connection. So take advice Stay close to the router.
- Try different directions from the router antenna.
- If it is not possible to move close to the router, you can buy a cheap device called a Wi-Fi repeater. It will allow you to increase the Wi-Fi coverage of your home.
What to do if the Wi-Fi drops frequently?
This happens when multiple devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection at the same time. To resolve this problem, simply follow the instructions below:
- You can start by turning off Wi-Fi for all other devices not in use at the time. maybe one of them is causing this problem.
- If that doesn't work, consider creating a new password for your Wi-Fi network. It's a wise decision!
- You can also solve the problem by resetting the network settings of the OnePlus 7. go to Settings then find System and look for the reset options, then the Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth reset option.
In case you cannot solve the Wi-Fi problem even after trying all the methods and tips mentioned above, perform a factory reset. But before that, make sure you have a backup of your files and data, as this will erase everything on your phone and you will need to set it up as a new device. Once the backup is complete, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to settings
- Now tap System> Reset options
- Choose Clear all data
- Tap Reset
- If you have a PIN or access code, you will be asked to enter it.
- Tap Clear All.
Your device restarts and erases everything, from the settings that you have adjusted to suit your data needs. Once everything is done, you will need to configure it as a new device.