IPhone GPS problems are not as common as Wi-Fi problems or problems with Bluetooth, but some people have reported that sometimes the GPS is not accurate or that the location of the user is not recognized at all. Most of the time, GPS issues on the iPhone occur right after the user has upgraded their device to the latest version of iOS. When Apple released iOS 8.4, many people complained about the inaccuracy of GPS. Same thing for iOS 9.3 – Users report a problem that the GPS is not working properly after the iOS 9.3 update. We are going to number several solutions that will help you to fix the GPS problems of your iPhone, including the error when playing Pokmon GO, GPS signal not found.
Before you start, go to Settings> Privacy> Location services and make sure that location services are enabled.
See also: How to repair any service on iPhone
Ways to fix iPhone GPS issues
Toggle Location Services
We usually start with a few simple tips that can work, and we're going to do the same thing this time. Some users have noted that when GPS is not accurate or the location is not recognized, simply switching location services gets things started. Start from there.
- Navigate to settings
- Then press Confidentialit
- Tap Location Services
- Now turn off the location services, wait 15-20 seconds and turn it back on.
Airplane mode on / off
The next thing to try is also very simple. You must access the settings and activate the airplane mode. Leave it on for 20 seconds and turn it off. Switching the airplane mode can be useful in various situations, not only when the GPS is not working. If you see a no service error or have Wi-Fi connection issues, turning Airplane mode on / off may solve the problem.
Date and hour
You must ensure that the date, time and time zone are correct. It is recommended to select the Automatically define option. Here's how you can do that:
- Go to settings
- Press Date and time
- Choose the option "Automatically define".
turn off the LTE
Several users have solved iPhone GPS issues by disabling LTE. If the previous solutions didn't work for you, try this one.
- Go to settings
- Then press Cellular
- Tap Cellular Data Options
- Tap Voices and Data
- Select 3G.
A soft reset can work like magic. This will not erase any of your data. Here's how to perform a soft reset on your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Sleep / Wake button and the Power button at the same time
- Keep these buttons pressed for at least 10 seconds
- Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
Update the application
If you experience GPS issues only when using a specific app, make sure the app is up to date. Just open the App Store, tap Updates, search for the app and get its latest version.
Reset network settings
When the GPS does not work on the iPhone, or if it works, but it is not specified, you must reset the network settings. You will need to enter your Wi-Fi passwords later. Here's how to reset the network settings:
- Navigate to settings
- Press General
- Tap Reset
- Choose Reset network settings
- Enter your password
- Tap Restore network settings
Close applications, activate Airplane mode, reset network settings
If you have tried the solutions mentioned above, but the iPhone GPS does not work, you may be able to fix it by following the path below:
- Close apps – double tap the Home button and you'll see an overview of the apps you're using. When an app screen appears, slide your finger to close it. Do this for all currently open applications.
- Access Settings and activate the Airplane mode
- Reset network parameters (follow the steps indicated in the previous solution)
- Go to Settings> Confidentiality> Location services. Disable location services, wait a few seconds and turn it back on
- Then go to Settings> Privacy> Location services. Tap System Services and turn off Time Zone.
- Go to Settings and turn off airplane mode.
When many users complain about the same problems, a new version of iOS will solve the problem and make the fixes. If the new version is available, install it.
- Connect your iPhone to a power source
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings> General> Software update
- Tap Download and install or install now.
Restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes
If the solutions listed above do not work, you should restore your device to the factory settings. Don't forget to save your data and make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Use the USB cable supplied with your iPhone to connect your device to your computer
- When iTunes recognizes your device, select your iPhone
- Click on Restore in the Summary tab and confirm the action
- When the task is finished, your iPhone will restart
- Configure your iPhone as new.
iPhone GPS does not work after iOS update
In most cases, iPhone GPS issues occur after the iOS update. Keep in mind that the problem may go away after a few hours. IPhones need time to install after the update. If possible, downgrade iOS and if it is not an option, you can try to fix the problem by following the above solutions. We will talk about it again:
- Toggle Location Services
- Switch to airplane mode
- Go to Settings> Date and time and select "Configure automatically".
- Disable LTE and select 3G
- If you have GPS problems only when using a specific application, update that application
- Perform a soft reset
- Reset network settings
- Once the new version of iOS is available, install it
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings using iTunes.
How to fix an iPhone Pokmon GO GPS signal not found
Pokmon GO is currently one of the most popular games played by millions of people. IPhone users report an error while reading Pokmon GO, GPS signal not found. The problem may appear because the servers are overloaded at the moment. If the error message keeps appearing, here are several solutions:
- Make sure your iPhone's Wi-Fi is turned on (even if there is no Wi-Fi network)
- If the error occurs while you are inside, take the outside for a minute or two and the error will disappear
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app. Open the App Store and check for the Pokmon GO update.
- Relaunch the application. Double tap the Home button, swipe left or right to find Pokmon GO, and swipe up to close it. Launch the new application.
These problems / solutions are found and effective on iPhone 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone SE, iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus.
If you've tried all the solutions and, iPhone GPS doesn't work, contact Apple or visit one of their stores.