On each smartphone, the GPS system is normally integrated into the system, making it one of the most important features. The GPS helps the user easily find a location of choice. However, users may experience GPS issues on their phones, including Google Pixel 3. If you have this great phone and have the problems we just mentioned, read on. We are going to share some helpful tips that will help you get rid of the problem.
See also: How to fix Google Pixel 3 Bluetooth issues
Toggle GPS and airplane mode
Always start with the simplest things. In this case, the easiest way is to switch between GPS and Airplane modes. Access Settings, turn off the GPS and leave it disabled for a few seconds 15-20. Turn it on. Do the same with Airplane mode.
High precision option
This is one of the first things to do if you have problems with GPS. Follow these steps:
- Search for "Settings" on your Google phone.
- There is a 'Location' option. Click on it.
- Find the option "High precision" and activate it.
- Now restart the phone to solve the problem of GPS accuracy.
Clearing the cache
- Look for the "Settings" option on your Google phone.
- Go to the 'Application Manager'.
- On the top side of the phone, there will be the three dotted lines in the right corner. Tap that.
- Go to View system applications and tap on it.
- Find and tap on "Storage".
- You will find the option "Clear cache". Tap that.
There is another way to clear the cache.
- You have to turn off the smartphone. Press and hold the power button.
- Now you have to press both the Volume up and Power button. Continue as a until the logo appears.
- Release the buttons.
- Many options will appear in recovery mode. Using the "power button", select the "Empty cache partition".
Correction of calibration data
If the calibration data is not displayed correctly on the phone when opening the navigation application, there may be a calibration problem. To calibrate the GPS, calibration of the compass is essential. Go to the "Google Play Store" and download the "GPS Essentials app". You will find tailgating of the GPS compass. Go to the application and select the display method. To delete GPS data, you can also choose "GPS Status & Toolbox" from the "Play Store" and download it.
In a smartphone, the system normally updates the software automatically. You can also update it manually. Software updates bring bug fixes and new features. This is why you should always install the latest version. Here's how:
- Access the parameters
- Go 'about device'
- Then find 'System Updates'
- If an update is pending, download the latest version of this software and install it.
- After that, the restart message will appear. Select this option to restart your phone.
Sometimes, when we download and install an app, it can harm other important system apps from the phone. To be sure that the problem is created by a third-party application, you must be running the phone in safe mode. To do this:
- Press and hold the power button
- When the power-off option appears on the screen, press and hold it.
- Now press OK
- Your phone will restart in safe mode
In Safe Mode, all third-party applications will be disabled. See if the GPS is working properly. If this is the case, it means that one of the third-party applications is causing the problem. If this is the case, you can install the applications one at a time until the problem is resolved or reset the phone to the factory.
Reset to factory settings
This is the last option. Please save your data, as the factory reset erases everything (not the stock files on your SD card, but only the stock files on your device). Once the backup is created, proceed as follows:
- Go to settings
- Now tap System> Advanced> Reset options
- Then tap on Clear all data> Reset phone.
- If you have set a PIN or password, you must enter it now.
- Now press Clear All
- Your phone will erase everything
- Choose the Restart option
Once everything is done, you will need to configure your device as new.