Are you missing a lot of phone calls because your iPhone doesn't ring? Do not worry, you are not the only user to have encountered this problem a lot of people. The problem is quite nervous because you will see missed calls on the screen even if the phone is right next to you, but it can also be confusing, especially if you are sure that the ringer is active, that the phone is not not muted and you haven't dyed it. hear no sound. In this article, we will discuss the reasons why this problem occurs and share several solutions to help you solve the problem of ringing your iPhone.
See also: How to repair any service on iPhone
Why doesn't my iPhone ring?
let's list some reasons why this problem may appear. Maybe you changed some iPhone settings or did you let your kids play on your phone? Did you activate Do not disturb? A software problem may be responsible for the problem, but this annoying problem can also appear immediately after updating the iOS software on your iPhone. Water damage or the fact that you have dropped your device are some of the reasons that may prevent the iPhone from ringing.
Solutions for iPhone does not sound problematic
Remove iPhone Case
There are so many iPhone cases, designed primarily for protection. Some of them have a thick design and do not fit the iPhone properly. Check if the case you are using for your iPhone does not cover the ringer / silence switch. Remove this case completely from your iPhone and see if it makes a difference.
See als0: Problem iPhone Bluetooth or iMessage does not work
Toggle ringer / silent button
Maybe you've already done this trick, but do it one more time. If the button is in the ring state, switch it to the silent state. Then switch to ring mode again and ask your friend to call you. Make sure you change it correctly. You can see the difference between the ring and the silent mode in the image below.
Deactivate Do not disturb
Do not disturb is an interesting feature that you can find on iPhone. This can help you focus on something without being disturbed by phone calls. When you attend a meeting or want to rest for a few hours, you can count on this practical feature. What happens if you activate "Do not disturb? Your iPhone does not ring, but still allows phone calls to enter and as you will not hear sound, you will see the missed calls. In some cases , the user accidentally activates this feature without even realizing it. You can see the upper left corner of your iPhone screen at a glance. If you see the moon icon, it means that do not disturb mode is activated. To deactivate it, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Control Center by dragging from any screen on your iPhone.
- Tap the moon icon to turn it off.
You can also check in the settings. Maybe you programmed this feature at some point and forget about it. Deactivate the calendar on Do not disturb.
- Open the settings >> Do not disturb. Here, see if the ct button in the Calendar section is green. If so, dye it.
- On the same screen, make sure that the button in the Manually section is not green. If so, press once to turn it off.
Increase the volume of the iPhone
Try increasing the volume on your iPhone to the highest level, then call your number using the other device. To increase the volume of your iPhone, you must first unlock your iPhone. Then click the plus (+) button on the side of the iPhone until the volume reaches the maximum.
Change the ringtone
Some users have said that the problem was resolved after they changed the ringtone. No matter how crazy it may sound, give it a try. Change the ringtone on your iPhone. After that, call your number using the other smartphone.
- Go to Settings >> Sounds >> Ringtone.
- Choose by default or any other ringtone.
turn off bluetooth
Try turning Bluetooth off to make sure your iPhone is not connected to accessories, such as speakers or Bluetooth headphones. You can turn it off by going to Settings >> Bluetooth.
Enabling LTE on your iPhone can affect battery life, calls, text messages, voicemail and cellular data if it has not yet been certified by your carrier. This may be the reason why your iPhone does not ring when a call comes in.
steps to disable LTE
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Option >> press Voice and Data
- Select 3G
Restarting the iPhone can help you get rid of the iPhone without problem. It is not a difficult thing, you just need to press and hold the power button and the home button at the same time at the same time until the iPhone restarts.
Software update always comes with improvements, bug fixes and new features. In some cases, the problem can be resolved by updating your iPhone's iOS to the new version.
- Connect a WiFi network curia and make sure your iPhone has at least 50% of the battery life.
- Go to Settings >> General >> press Software update.
- If the iOS update is available, your iPhone will download it first.
- Tap Install now.
Reset all settings
This method will erase all parameters, including all functionality related to sounds, such as volume adjustment, notification, etc.
- Open the parameters >> General >> Reset >> Reset all parameters.
- A password is required.
- After entering your password, tap Reset all settings on a pop-up screen.
Try resetting your iPhone to factory settings using the Erase All Content and All Settings feature. This method removes all media, data and settings, such as language settings, keyboard, etc. This is why we advise you to save your data in advance. There are two ways to back up iPhone data: via iCloud or iTunes.
Note: We do not recommend this method on an iPhone jailbreak, as this could cause the iPhone to block in the Apple logo.
steps to clear all content and settings
- Settings >> General >> Reset >> Clear all content and settings.
- You must enter an access code.
- Then tap on Erase iPhone.
If erasing the iPhone doesn't make the problem go away, try restoring your iPhone. During the recovery process, everything on the iPhone will be erased, including the operating system and firmware.
steps to restore your iPhone
- Make sure your iPhone is complete.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. This is important, otherwise you risk freezing the iPhone in recovery mode.
- Connect iPhone Mac / PC with the latest version of iTunes installed indoors using a Lightning cable.
- Click Restore in the Summary tab.
- Before the process starts, iTunes will first download the firmware.
- Wait until the restore process is complete.
Clean the speaker holes
After trying all of the troubleshooting steps and none of them worked, try cleaning the speaker holes. If you find dirt on the speaker holes, you can clean them with a feather duster or a toothpick. Avoid using liquids as they could get into the iPhone and damage the components.
Check the headphone jack hole
Take a look at the hole in the headphone jack. The broken part of the headset leaves the inside of the hole can prevent the iPhone from ringing, because the latter will detect the incoming call in speaker mode. If you can't find anything, try plugging in the original earphone. Call your number and if you hear the sound, the problem is related to the speaker of your iPhone. Otherwise, there could be a hardware problem.
This tip will not solve the problem, but it can help you find the right solution. The iPhone speaker connects to the charging port cable. The idea of this tip is to check if the problem is associated with the hardware or not.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer's USB port or a wall outlet to charge it
- Test your iPhone by calling it from the other device. Does it ring?
- Now unplug the Lightning cable from the iPhone. Then call it back using another device to check if it rings or not.
If you hear a ringtone when the iPhone is charged but it does not happen when it is unplugged, it is probably a hardware problem. The problem can occur on a Lightning port connected to the speakers.
My iPhone does not ring when a call comes from Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
If your iPhone does not ring, try switching Voice & Data to 4G if you are using cellular data. The other option, try using WiFi instead of data.
steps to activate 4G
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Voice and Data.
- Select 4G.
steps to pass cellular data to WiFi
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> deactivate the Cellular data button.
- Back to settings
- Select WiFi and choose a network.
If the problem occurs when you use certain applications, update them.
- Open the App Store
- Sensational. Excellent article. I am semi-savvy and far beyond falling for the "Do not disturb" function, but imagine my surprise when I followed the suggestion, took my phone out of the protective case, only to find the switch on / off was inadvertently turned to "off" mode. I was ready to change the phone number XNUMX month with XNUMX. plan or pay to have it repaired. Love that you start from the basics, then take the iPhone user from A Z, but with a degree of rigor that is not found elsewhere. Thank you.
- Check if there is an update for the messaging apps that you use often.
- Subscribe to our website: Technobez Reset network settings This method will reset all settings related to cellular and WiFi, such as saved networks, WiFi password, VPN settings, etc.
Reset network settings
This method will reset all settings related to cellular and WiFi, such as saved networks, WiFi password, VPN settings, etc. The process is not related to a conventional telephone call or SMS settings. However, if you have a problem with the iPhone that does not ring when you receive a call from the messaging apps, this can be very helpful. Messaging apps like WhatsApp, Skype, etc. may not work properly if the Internet connection is slow. Here are the steps to reset the network settings:
- Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset network settings.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Reset network settings.
All the above solutions are effective in solving the problem of the iPhone that does not ring on the iPhone 4, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone SE, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus. , iPhone 7, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.
If you have tried the above solutions and nothing works, contact Genius Bar or the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider.