Windows 10 does its own? Download the Windows 10 installation disc image (.ISO) for free so that you can easily burn it to DVD or create a USB stick from which installation can be started with the program of your choice. It's all very simple and 100% free – whether or not you have a Windows 10 license.
In this tutorial, we will show you how download the Windows 10 .ISO disk image to burn it or create a boot volume using the method of your choice. The easiest way is to use the Media Creation Tool. An option allows you to generate an ISO file which can then be mounted on a USB key or burn to a DVD.
Read also: Windows 10 1909 – the November 2019 update is finally available, how to download it now
Create a Windows 10 ISO with the Media Creation Tool
- Just go to this address on Microsoft's website.
- Click the second download button on the page (Download the tool now).
- The Media Creation Tool will automatically download.
- Launch the tool (no installation required) and accept the conditions.
- Then choose the option Create installation media.
- Click on next and choose the language, edition and architecture corresponding to your machine (32 or 64 bits)
- On the next page, select the option ISO file and choose where to save the file.
How to download Windows 10 ISO from another OS
The Media Creation Tool is not available for systems other than Windows. If you are on Linux or macOS, the process is even simpler. You will be able to download the ISO file directly without going through an assistant. To do this :
- Go to the Windows 10 download page at the same address and you will be redirected to a page corresponding to your system.
- First select a Windows 10 edition and click on to confirm.
- Then choose the product language and the architecture you want 32 or 64 bit and the ISO download will start automatically.
Voile, it's as simple as that. You now have a Windows 10 ISO that you can mount on a USB stick or burn to DVD. Note that the file corresponding to the latest version weighs more than 5 GB.